• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

OT.com Updates (no forum drama allowed)

Collipso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
well, i definitely deserve the permaban. i think i'm the only one though, but whatever.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lol from the few times I've lurked at OT since I've been banned I think they did me a favor. I haven't thought about that place in a long time, and rest assured I'm not disappointed in the verdict. I wouldn't want to go back to that joke if I could.

Being "heat of the moment" is only partially true. Perhaps the heat of the moment drove me to speak, but the feeling towards administration had been there, by many of us, for quite some time.

There's some interesting projects there, I'll admit. But the community these days is hilarious, but not I'm not laughing *with* them.

Oh, and if you're wondering why a "nice guy" like me would say something warranting a ban, try having an interaction with the previous admin or any mod besides Silverwook. :)

And yeah, I thought it was already official, since anchorhead had already been so kind as to specifically insult us after we were banned, even though mods had previously gotten into people for attacking members who could not defend themselves, but hey welcome to OT.com administration where the games are made up and the rules don't matter!

(This post probably breaks the rules of not badmouthing OT, but I'm notorious for personal attacks as you can see :))

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"Possessed" that's enough of that, please.

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
How I miss the good old days at ot.com
c57f781369d6761064207b216ab66d1e.svg

I would have loved to discuss the impeachment trial with Ferris and Mrebo and everyone else. I can only imagine what it would be like. I don't know anyone will read this or not. I so miss the friendships that went down the drain due my and their mistakes.
f6d30507f4baee759bc9d7e5c0d3ba4f.svg

I know I made mistakes, but I don't think I deserved all that happened to me. I still haven't found a forum to replace ot.com and I don't think I ever will.
f7b3f6b926cb31a17d4928d076febab4.svg

But don't worry, I'm not returning here, just wanted to say the above.

<rules violation removed by admin>

Last edited by a moderator:

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Warbler said:
I would have loved to discuss the impeachment trial with Ferris and Mrebo and everyone else. I can only imagine what it would be like.

I have an idea or two on what Ferris would have to say. I'll refrain from elaborating, though.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No politics please.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
No politics please.

Indeed.

Duragizer said:
Warbler said:
I would have loved to discuss the impeachment trial with Ferris and Mrebo and everyone else. I can only imagine what it would be like.

I have an idea or two on what Ferris would have to say. I'll refrain from elaborating, though.

From what I remember, the debate would've been like this...

3oow33.jpg

So glad we don't have a politics thread here, that's what the entire rest of the internet is for :D .

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
TVs Frink said:
No politics please.

Indeed.
Duragizer said:
Warbler said:

From what I remember, the debate would've been like this...

3oow33.jpg

So glad we don't have a politics thread here, that's what the entire rest of the internet is for :D .

There were times when it was like that and it was mess and there were times when it wasn't like that and I learned a lot.   

For the record, reminiscing about ot.com (which is what I was doing) is not the same as discussing p------- (which is what I wasn't doing and didn't intend to do and was not going to do)

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not to bash the OT website, but god it needs an overhaul to clean up a lot of threads and posts. FE has everything neatly organised so that you can see what’s just an idea, what’s completed, in the works, inactive and a different section to request edits. OT has everything squashed together and it’s a nightmare sometimes to navigate through the sub forums. Obviously the site isn’t just for edits, but some work could be put into doing some reworking. Because there’s nothing I hate more than going into the Star Wars Edits section and it’s a jumble of people asking where they can get the edit from and asking if a user that hasn’t been active since 2007 is still working on their prequel cut, or dead end threads of someone’s new TROS edit that they promise is the best around. Maybe breaking it up into Prequels, Originals and Sequels could work to structure things. I know there are index threads, but everything is still mixed in together. I know the mods have lives too but there needs to be some serious removal or enforcement of people signing up just to spam threads asking for Adywans or Harmys work.

Anyway, just had to get that off my chest. I still love the site however and all the projects that come from it, regardless of how it works <3

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
OT has everything squashed together

They blew all their forumsplitting mojo on Offtopic and have no more left for the rest of the site.

Either that or they reviewed the bottom-line cost/benefit of that particular operation and decided never to do anything like it again.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Considering how much Offtopic was reviled, it's surprising it got so much attention in the reorganization efforts.  But a lot of us felt it was really just a way to kill the section entirely, which it kind of did.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I mean most of those complaints have been being made since like 2017 but yah this probably isn't the place for it :)

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It absolutely isn't.  I'm late to this conversation but prefacing your complaints with "not to bash OT" or "I still love the site" doesn't make it ok.  You have something you don't like about the site, take it there as suggested by Silverwook (or if you just want to vent you can PM me for a way to do that on discord).  This thread is not for bitching about OT, no matter how you phrase it.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not to bash Canadians, but I mean just look at @"Duragizer".

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Possessed said:
Not to bash Canadians, but I mean just look at @"Duragizer".

@"macmilln" you gonna just not respond to that?

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
dd0.png

I'm working on it. (just like you're working on RotR ;))

Top Bottom