• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Orphans of The Firestorm (Grave of The Fireflies Edit)

Ninja-Trix

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
While some may deem it blasphemous to edit such a masterpiece of film, I feel that the film still needs some work to be truly perfect. I've wanted to make this edit ever since I first watched the movie but I only just today got my hands on the Blu-Ray so here I go to take the plunge. The original version is still an extremely powerful film and I in no way intend to place hate on the film or its filmmakers but instead wish to provide a new cut of the film that places events in the chronological order, thus saving the ending for, well... the end. I only plan on changing the order of events as to not spoil the ending for those who haven't yet seen the film. This will also make the film more suitable as a historical drama as it places the story first. I plan on including both English dubs and will eventually finish up with a subtitled version as well. Those interested may follow for updates relating to the completion and finalization of the film.

Ninja-Trix

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
P.S. I got the idea for the name "Orphans of The Firestorm" from the back cover of my Blu-ray.

Ninja-Trix

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just finished this edit in its entirety and am working on rendering it before a final preview. If there are no issues, I may release it.

Ninja-Trix

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It went from 1 Hour 29 Minutes to 1 Hour 26 Minutes. Since I added about 10 seconds, that means I cut about 3 minutes from the total runtime. Most of the scenes I re-used at the end but I had to basically recut the ending entirely although I think it works very well.

Ninja-Trix

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just made a new poster using the new title. Here's a comparison to the original poster I based it on.
poster-comparison_orig.png

Ninja-Trix

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I finally finished editing this movie with both dubbed and subtitled versions but I don't know how to add multiple audio and subtitle tracks to the same video without compressing it. I need to add two separate audio tracks, one subtitle track, and chapter markers to a previously existing MP4 with its own audio track. If anyone can help me out that would be super.

Heavisyde

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I finally finished editing this movie with both dubbed and subtitled versions but I don't know how to add multiple audio and subtitle tracks to the same video without compressing it. I need to add two separate audio tracks, one subtitle track, and chapter markers to a previously existing MP4 with its own audio track. If anyone can help me out that would be super.
Pretty sure you can do that in Avidemux (without compression).

Ninja-Trix

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm trying to merge the subtitles and metadata to the video file (Which has 3 audio tracks) but it's not working. Could someone take a look at my code and tell me what I'm missing?
ffmpeg.exe -i Orphans of the Firestorm - Final Audio.mp4 -i English Audio.srt -i Japanese Subtitles.srt -i FFMETADATAFILE.txt -map_metadata 1 -map 0:v:0 -map 0:a:0 -map 0:a:1 -map 0:a:2 -map 1:s:0 -map 2:s:0 -c copy Orphans of the Firestorm.mp4"

Last edited:

Ninja-Trix

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I figured out the FFMPEG conversion and will move on to submitting the edit shortly.

Ninja-Trix

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't merge SRT files into an MP4, add multiple audio tracks, and inject metadata all at once. The subtitle file will now be separate.

Ninja-Trix

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've submitted the film to the academy but haven't gotten a response and I'm wonder how long it takes for a first time fan-edit to be reviewed. I haven't had the chance for the link to be previewed and I'm just waiting at this point for any response.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've submitted the film to the academy but haven't gotten a response and I'm wonder how long it takes for a first time fan-edit to be reviewed. I haven't had the chance for the link to be previewed and I'm just waiting at this point for any response.
I'll take a look at it. PM sent.

Last edited:

Ninja-Trix

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Update for everyone! I've gone over the changes that were recommended and found new ones that need to be done on top of them. I'm going to re-cut the edit and fix a few bugs then this should be ready for release.

Ninja-Trix

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In honor of me completing my first edit, here's a Blu-ray cover for my edit.
blu-ray-cover_orig.png

Ninja-Trix

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Orphans of The Firestorm has been approved. As such I celebrated by making a mock trailer.

Top Bottom