• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

oppo bluray player coming out soon!

joebshmoe said:
i'm assuming that they just aren't trying to make this a media center and didn't bother adding support for flac, ogg, etc.

although i agree that would be more badass.

Yeah. I am definitely still interested in one of these, or even an earlier model, just on the fact that you folks are recommending its upscaling ability. That is something hard to get right. My Samsung BD player gets a fail, for instance. It looks better to just hook up component cables and run the DVDs at native 480p.

I've never had one but I have heard of them because of how incredible they are at upscaling DVDs.
I assume that they willl keep this upscale quality intact.

For those that want something that will play everything no matter what... converting an old computer to an HTPC is the way to go. As long as there is a good graphics card, the upscale quality will out perform DVD players that cost thousands of dollars.

The only upscaling DVD player that comes close to an HTPC at a reasonable price is... an Oppo

and I am afraid to ask how much this thing is going to cost

It seems that the people in the Early Adoption Program got them for $500.

There's alot of positive feedback and it looks really sweet :)

But for the money, you can get an ati graphics card with avivo hd, a dolby digital/dts soundcard and a blu ray player for less money and have a kick ass HTPC that will play everything under the sun.

The only thing that the Oppo could do that an HTPC can't is play back SACDs.

But still, that Oppo is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet... :lol:

it does seem as though you could compile a pretty rockin HTPC for $500...

but still... for the home theater enthusiast, this oppo will be the end all of standalone units.

i just got an email from oppo. the player is out of testing and now being offered to folks that signed up for the early adopters email list.

Thank you for your subscription to our newsletter. We value our relationship with
you and will only use the newsletter for important product updates. In this issue,
we would like to inform you about the release of our new flagship Blu-ray Disc player
BDP-83.
The BDP-83 is a full-featured universal Blu-ray disc player that supports BD Profile
2.0 (BD-Live and BonusView), DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD (SACD), HDCD,
CD and other media formats such as AVCHD, MKV video, digital music and photos.
Based on and expanded upon our acclaimed up-converting DVD players, the BDP-83 delivers
first-class video quality for both Blu-ray and DVD. Utilizing the VRS by Anchor
Bay video processing solution, it supports all the high-end video features including
1080p24Hz output, HDMI 1.3 with Deep Color, Source Direct output, and many other
picture control and enhancement options.
We did not stop at just video performance. Audio performance is equally important.
The BDP-83 supports all the high-resolution audio formats with bit-stream output
and onboard decoding of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. For SACD playback,
the BDP-83 supports direct DSD over HDMI and DSD-to-analog without any PCM conversion,
a very unique feature. The BDP-83 features a refined analog audio stage with a
pair of dedicated stereo as well as 7.1ch analog audio outputs.
The BDP-83 is a user-friendly player. Initially setup is a breeze and all operation
and setup details are explained in the well-written manual. Users can appreciate
its quick start-up, fast disc loading and responsive operation. Setup menus can
be accessed without interruption to disc playback. The included front and back
USB 2.0 ports enable easy access to music, photo and video. Featuring a heavy
gauge brushed aluminum front panel, dimmable display and a sturdy chassis, the BDP-83
fits nicely to any home theater environment, from simple to very high-end. Additional
convenient features include a remote control with backlight, IR in and out ports,
optional RS-232 control and wireless bridge kit.
It has been a long wait for this unique player. We truly appreciate your patience
and support. We took our time to make sure the BDP-83 will uphold the OPPO performance
heritage and meet your expectations. During the past year, the BDP-83 went though
a lengthy beta test, two rounds of Early Adoption Programs, and many firmware revisions.
As a result of the collective contribution of our user community, product reviewers
and developers, we feel confident that the BDP-83 is worth the wait. We encourage
you to read the reviews from critics, industry experts and end users. Simply perform
a web search for "OPPO BDP-83 reviews."
The BDP-83 is currently available for a retail price of $499. It can be ordered
directly from the OPPO Digital web site at:
http://www.oppodigital.com [http://www.oppodigital.com/?Partner=VIP83PUB-C]
Detail features and specifications are also available there. Backed by the renowned
quality and customer support from OPPO Digital, the BDP-83 will bring stunning visual
and breath-taking audio performance to any home theater.
OPPO Digital is a consumer-oriented company that listens carefully to customer opinions
and values their feedback. Should you need more information, please visit our Web
site at www.oppodigital.com [http://www.oppodigital.com/?Partner=VIP83PUB-C], email
or call us. We will be glad to help.
Sincerely,
Customer Service
OPPO Digital, Inc
2629 Terminal Blvd. Suite B
Mountain View, CA 94043
Tel: 650-961-1118
Fax: 650-961-1119
www.oppodigital.com [http://www.oppodigital.com/?Partner=VIP83PUB-C]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back
Top Bottom