• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Opening credits / letterboxing

because it's the same audio, one time less re-encoded.
If that framserving thing is too hard for your first project, you can always give your editing software a try and use a very high constant bitrate (like 9000kbit/s), which you can re-encode later on to make it fit on SL DVD.

Well will the 6404 bitrate or whatever it is be enough. Cause the titles are already a tiny bit pixelated and I dont want to compress it so it looks like complete ish. I mean, it may be my first edit but I want it to be at least halfway decent :-D

the thing is that Ulead's and Adobe's and Vega's mog encoder sucks, so yes, a 6404 will not look too good probably. However, I suggest you try it out and see for yourself by creating a sample. Burn the sample on a DVD_RW too to make a DVD quality check. Put a 9000 kb/s bitrate also on the disc to compare. It all depends on what you are satisfied with.

boon23 said:
the thing is that Ulead's and Adobe's and Vega's mog encoder sucks, so yes, a 6404 will not look too good probably. However, I suggest you try it out and see for yourself by creating a sample. Burn the sample on a DVD_RW too to make a DVD quality check. Put a 9000 kb/s bitrate also on the disc to compare. It all depends on what you are satisfied with.

Well, actually I used Ulead (4 days left on the trial version before I have to buy a serial) and I set the bitrate to 6906 or something along those lines and the file size was 4.66 gigs (so THE BITRATE MUST BE SMALLER!?) and then I watched it and I have to admit that the quality (the text at the beginning was a little shaky) wasn't all that bad. Granted I want to shrink it another half gig before knowing how nice it will be (and my dumb ass of course forgot to put the opening theme in before making the mpg). Now I know the most important aspect of a fanedit is that the faneditor enjoys it, but I want to make sure others will too. I will post a screen cap tonight of the 4.66 gig video, the 4 gig video and whatever else to get your opinions. This means a lot to me so whatever help I can get will be greatly appreciated and all those invovled in helping (Boon mostly) and will gladly send out copies after. Now I am veiwing this on a 21 inch (could be set to high def but isn't) monitor and IDK if that has any type of affect on the picture quality but I am just stating. Once again thanks for the help everyone and as soon as I am done I'll squeeze out a trailer for the 'Nightmare before Lateralus' DVD.

THANKS EVERYONE!!

it would be best to use a much bigger bitrate and then shrink that. Why? Because the shrinking tool (and I hope you will use DVD Rebuilder) will have much better source material to work with.

and a trailer is of course very welcome :)

BTW, I was considering using TURTLE POWER for the intro to the movie and I am about to, but I am wondering if anyone knows the name of or how to get the original title theme from the first one, that'd be pretty flippin' sweet.

K now I have a six gig video file. The movie is done. Do I just open it in Sony Vegas or is there anything else I need to do first?

Vegas to make the sound fake 5.1. Yes.
Then create a DVD with your video and audio, all compelte with menu and whatever stuff you want to add, then get the whole thing shrunk to SL with DVD Rebuilder, best with CCE 5-pass, acceptable (and much easier) with HC best quality settings. This should then be just it.

Okay, I seem to just run into trouble constantly. I need to get this six gig file off the PC cause there is no dvd burner there plus I want to put it on my ipod's hard drive and watch it on my DVD player. But for some reason the file won't go on. It says that the disk space is full, I know this question is random but I could use some help. It;s not that my Ipod is full, I have 16 gigs left... I just... Idk :shock:

perhaps your ipod is formatted with fat32 instead of NTFS, which will allow no file being bigger than 2GB

boon23 said:
perhaps your ipod is formatted with fat32 instead of NTFS, which will allow no file being bigger than 2GB

I could see that happening but I have put 7 gig DVDs and stuff on it before (lets just say when I am at work I'm downloading Fanedits as well as at home :grin: )

If that is the case though is there anything I can do (and what really is the difference between the two formats) or I'd need a normal external HD?

still it could be a limit to the filesize. A DVD consists of files with max. 1GB, but an iso can have far more. It depends on your file format.
I don't know if the harddrive of an ipod can be formatted with NTFS.

Back
Top Bottom