• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Opening credits / letterboxing

5acrifice

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, I was wondering if anybody could help me or point me in the right direction to software (mac or pc) that could help me to remove the opening title credits of a television show. I am editing a show into a film and looking for a way to get rid of them. I also have questions on letterboxing video. If I cannot get rid of the credits then I would prefer to change the film from 4:3 full frame to 4:3 letterboxed... but I would like to be able to move the video so I could choose what goes between the bars (similar to a widescreen pan and scan). Thanks in advance guys!!

P.S. - This is in relation to the fanedit I am talking about doing in the fanedit Idea section

ULEAD MEDIA STUDIO PRO has a high quality moving pass, with which you can zoom and/or movie the pciture to whatever size and place in pretty great quality.

Thanks a bunch mang!

I have my powermac and an old IBM 20 gig laptop running windows 2000. This program will work on it correctamundo?

One last question. If I wanted to letterbox part of a video and progressively zoom out, could I? And could I use one video and do a sort of automated movement of what I am P&Sing? Or do I need to chop of the video?
[/code]

you can crop first and move then, but still in one encoding step.

boon23 said:
you can crop first and move then, but still in one encoding step.

I just spent the last two hours seperating the videos :-x

Buts its good to know now. All of my files are MOV files. What is a program I can use (Mac preffered but PC ok) that can convert them into something readable on my old PC. Lets say AVI or MPEG. Thanks a bunch.

I don't know about MAC software. TMPGenc is freeware and des the job in good quality.

boon23 said:
I don't know about MAC software. TMPGenc is freeware and des the job in good quality.

Wow I haven't used TMPGENC in so long. Thanks for the reminder. Okay, well, I guess I am gonna start stringing these together and making the video. I also plan to use Vegas to create a 5.1 Surround Track. After that I may have some more questions about authoring the DVD and the best way to do it without losing quality on the video (cause when I use iDVD or Toast Titanium it reduces the quality drasticly and gives it a real boxy look. I was going to use Ulead DVD MovieFactory unless there is something better.)

Edit - Another way to explain my problem is I used Quicktime Pro to make mov files of all of the segments I needed. My old IBM has the newest version of quicktime but the files come up white without sound. I can not connect the internet to it. Any suggestions?
Thanks again guys

Using FFMPEGXX to convert. I was wondering if anybody knew where I could get my hands on good quality versions of the two 'Power Rangers In Space" episodes that featured the Turtles. I know the second was Shell Shock.

This dvd will be a 2 discer. It will have a nice amount of special features methinks.

Heeelp. Okay, so finally iMovie and FCP are working. So I am going to finish the titles and shebang. But, I remember someone telling me I should normalize all the audio in Ulead before doing a 5.1 mix in Sony Vegas. Is this so?

I also threw this into my actual Turtles 4 post but had no luck getting a response

well, normalizing will result in a well hearable sound file. Once you have the 5.1, it is pretty hard to increase the volume.

Thanks Boon, I knew I could count on an answer from you. Once I toss in the intro and end credits I'll export it to a mpeg2 and then make the trailer for the Nightmare DVD.

Okay, I finally have everything done. I made intro titles and ending credits and I made them the same size as the source video (720x576) and they appear a tiny bit clunky but I honestly don't mind myself. Now I need to (as you put it Boon) frameserve the video. I want this to fit a single layer DVD-R along with a trailer. How big with the file be after I do this whole frameserving thing and how will the quality be effected. Thanks!!!

use a bitrate calculator and you will exactly know the size you are getting.
It works like this:
with the frameserver you see, which bitrate you can use for a SL DVD featuring your audio track(s) and extras (menus).
Set this is the average bitrate for your encoder, then frameserve from your editor to the encoder.

boon23 said:
use a bitrate calculator and you will exactly know the size you are getting.
It works like this:
with the frameserver you see, which bitrate you can use for a SL DVD featuring your audio track(s) and extras (menus).
Set this is the average bitrate for your encoder, then frameserve from your editor to the encoder.
I used the calculator but I am not sure what to do next
what is a good frameserver to use? I am taking it out of Ulead into TMPGENC I guess so how would I go about doing that?

69864441gp0.jpg

let's assume you got this.
so the calculated average bitrate is: 4906kbit/s

you must have installed debug frameserver before you can frameserve of course. The frameserver will produce a file, which can be opened with tmpgenc
- start tmpgenc (2.5 is freeware)
- use the wizard, select the DVD settings you want

92934075zt8.jpg

tmpgenc has its own calculator, CCE doesn't.
- select expert options and see that 2-pass setting is activated
- with ok you should be clear to go now (and this will for sure take a while)

Now if I make a 4 gig DVD mpeg2 in TMPGENC when I put it on the dvd (in a program such as DVD Lab Pro) will it only take up 4 gigs of space?

After this can I just open this in Sony Vegas and change the audio to 5.1? And if so all I need to do is make menues in DVDLab Pro and throw the 4 gig file and a trailer on it?

yes.
I suggest you actually don't use the audio tmpg generates, but the one from your editing software (probabaly PCM) and feed this into vegas.

Back
Top Bottom