• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - The Red Apple Cut

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points

Tagline: Would you take a bite of a Red Apple?

Synopsis: A simple, unnecessary, but fun extended edition to "the ninth film by Quentin Tarantino", Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Intention: To make this lovely film even longer. I think all the scenes I've added are great, and just wanted to see what it'd be like with them re-inserted into the film.

Changelog:
Original Runtime: 161 minutes
New Runtime: 184 minutes
  • 0:00:00 - "Red Apple Cigarettes" commercial
  • 0:01:05 - "Old Chattanooga Beer" commercial
  • 0:01:48 - "FE.org" 'Netflix-style' card and my own "CJM" logo card
  • 0:11:23 - Inserted extended scene "Bounty Law"
  • 0:14:48 - Inserted extended scene "Hullabaloo"
  • 0:58:03 - Inserted deleted scene "Manson's Visit"
  • 1:20:22 - Inserted deleted scene "Lancer"
  • 1:48:35 - Inserted deleted scene "Rick and Sam Talk on Set"
  • 2:58:59 - "The Red Apple Cut" title card
  • 2:59:36 - "Fan Editor - CJ MacMillan" text

8lRvTuJ.jpg

Please PM me if you'd like a link.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ugh. I'm running into this issue again: I exported as H.264 and when it 'finishes' I'm left with an empty MP4 and a full-size, muted, M4V file. I'm gonna do H.265 just to get it over with, but I'm queueing up another H.264 to see if it works as that is ideal.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, finally got it to export. I used to think it was a random issue, but I think it may have to do with the A/V stop times. They were one frame apart, and I just exported the whole sequence without setting in/out points. Now I've set them, and it worked.

The file is 11.6GB 9Mbps, with a runtime of 2:57:12. I'm also exporting a smaller, 3Mbps file which should be under 5GB - helpful to lite users, or just those with limited bandwidth/storage.

Uploading to MEGA now. I'll submit to the IFDB promptly.

EDIT: The smaller (>5GB) file is having the same export problem. Also, the larger file kept on failing when uploaded through Chrome, so I'm using MEGASync, it's way slower and less consistent (speed varies between 200KB/s to 2000KB/s) - supposedly it's gonna take five hours. I'll report back here.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The larger (11.6GB) file is now uploaded. DM me if you'd like a link! Still troubleshooting with the smaller file, but I have faith.

EDIT: The smaller (4.2GB) file is now uploaded as well.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Could a mod please move this to Extended Editions? Thank you!

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread moved to Extended Editions. Congratulations on another finished edit :)

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can  :D

Just kidding, of course, @"jswert123456" that looks great - somehow even more 'vintage' than the poster I used!

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
When editing this, I quickly decided on scrapping the "Rick and Sam Talk on Set" deleted scene; it has no clear endpoint (just cuts off mid conversation). After watching the No Manson cut, however, it sparked my interest in using it again. I didn't think it would be possible, as I wrote in my 'review' on that thread, but I got stubborn and bored so thought I'd revisit it.

Figured it'd fit in best right after the "that was the best acting..." scene, I used the "Optical Flow" time remapping on a couple shots, as well as the small amount of ambient noise that I could, to make the scene feel like it had a real beginning/end point. (this is 720p@2Mbps because Vimeo bandwidth, but I have it locally in 1080p at whatever Mbps I want!)

Password: fanedit.org

@"Kikanator96" if you're satisfied with how I've treated the scene here, I can send you a 'raw' version of it (without the A/V of the next scenes bleeding into it) so you could place it in your edit, if you'd like.

Kikanator96

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
macmilln said:
@"Kikanator96" if you're satisfied with how I've treated the scene here, I can send you a 'raw' version of it (without the A/V of the next scenes bleeding into it) so you could place it in your edit, if you'd like.
Sounds great! :)

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The LARGE and small variants of V2, with some slightly modified audio work and the inclusion of the new "Rick and Sam Talk On Set" deleted scene, are uploading now. Bandwidth has been throttling a ton lately, so hopefully it'll be complete by tomorrow morning.

If you still have the original link, V2 will pop up in there. If not, as always, please PM me!

EDIT: Upload is complete and IFDB has been updated!

lightfever

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi friends, first post here! :)

somebody could send me through PM a link of this fan edit? Thank you very much, cheers from Italy.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
#staff

Welcome @A2theB2theB
These are the links you are looking for
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

Also, below is the quoted guidelines for the forum that can be found at the top of each page.
MCP said:
Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: do not ask for fanedit links publicly. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.

somefinn

Reaction score
Trophy Points
same here. i was in New York the weekend it came out & had my first experience in an american cinema, It was an AMC . so many ads. & so many escalators

Top Bottom