• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Val Verde Broadcasting

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Tonight's Val Verde 8pm watch party is Neil Breen's 'Double Down'. DD is conveniently still on youtube after 2-years because I assume super-hacker Breen doesn't know how the internet works:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Spoke too soon, it finally got claimed by "Neil F. Breen".

<hr style="border: 1px solid white;" />

Tonight's 8pm BST Val Verde watch-party is for 1991 classic 'Samurai Cop'!

rs_300x300-140902164216-SamuraiCopThumb.jpg

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A commentary on the 2016 GB reboot from a Ghostbusters superfan but refreshingly it's talking in detail about why he quite likes it. Plus he has worked for Sony studios before, so that was interesting to hear about:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Live "Risky Quizmas" movie trivia quiz starting on Val Verde Broadcasting soon:

The last one was very funny.

Last edited:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
His House (2020)
An inspired melding of the haunted house genre with a sobering drama about the bleak refugee experience in Britain. First time feature director Remi Weekes gets the maximum about both aspects of the piece and out of his cast. He reunites the always excellent Wunmi Mosaku and Matt Smith from one of my favourite mini-series 'Moses Jones'. There is a lot more going on than first appears, psychologically and historically, so avoid spoilers at all costs. Unusually for me, I didn't suspect where the twist was going for even a second but everything that precedes it made so much sense when I did find out. The (possibly) supernatural elements aside, it feels like a very real and raw depiction of how already traumatised refugees are treated by the coldly bureaucratic asylum system. 'His House' is intelligent thought provoking horror, for those that want more than jump scares.

Although Remi Weekes had the final pass on the script, Felicity Evans and Toby Venables created the story. Toby has been a long time contributor on the Val Verde Broadcasting channel (I think he was Richard's film tutor at one point?), so he happily popped on to talk about the creation of the project with Felicity. Well worth a watch if you are interested in how a script gets written and how it gets to be filmed. They detail some legal machinations with Harvey Weinstein and surprise, surprise he sounds like an utter d*ck.

Last edited:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The trailer for Richard and Duncan's forthcoming short film about what looks like an evil Soviet era computer relic has dropped. That John Carpenter/Goblin synth score is wonderful:

Well worth checking out. It's in 4K by the way.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This little tour round Arnie's birthplace had me giggling myself silly:

Top Bottom