• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Obituaries

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Tim Brooke-Taylor OBE dies with coronavirus

He will be sadly missed. I've loved listening to him on the radio comedy panel show 'I'm Sorry I haven't a Clue' for my entire life. He'd done it for about 50-years.

He co-wrote and performed the original version of the celebrated Four Yorkshireman sketch (not actually a Python sketch):

He had the very silly hit single 'Funky Gibbon' with his comedy sketch troupe The Goodies:

He is probably most known to audiences round the world as the irate computer scientist from the Willy Wonka movie:

jswert123456 said:
R.I.P. John Prine, Folk Legend Dead at 73 From Coronavirus
https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/04/john-prine-dead-73-coronavirus/

I first heard of him a couple months back when this amazing song was on the radio:

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Allen Daviau, cinematographer (E. T., The Extra Terrestrial, Empire of the Sun), 77, has died of COVID-19.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
Allen Daviau, cinematographer (E. T., The Extra Terrestrial, Empire of the Sun), 77, has died of COVID-19.

Aw man. May he rest in peace.

tumblr_mbiz5eM4LB1qbutgno1_500.gif

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kraftwerk founder Florian Schneider dies at 73

1200x675v1588779444.jpeg

Kraftwerk are one of my all-time favourite bands. Never made a bad album, I can listen to them all start-to-finish, any day, every day. I was very fortunate (thanks to my older brother) to get tickets to see them live in 2008 (can't remember if Florian was in the lineup then). The gig was inside a huge metal framed building on the site of the ex-communist steelworks in Nowa Huta, Krakow, Poland. The thunderous bass shook the building, creating a extra layer of creaking, vibrating music and the slight fear we might be killed when the building shook it's old frame to pieces. It was a very Kraftwerk feeling venue and one of the best gigs ever. Thanks Florian for all the great music! :)

^ At about 01.15 you can hear some guy shout "Awww feel that shake!" :D .

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
RIP Dave Greenfield - the English Ray Manzarek...listen to his finest work...goodbye x

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very sad to say that Sir Ian Holm has passed away aged 88. I recently rewatched Alien in which he portrayed Ash and was very found of his portrayal of Bilbo Baggins.
BJ40USL.jpg

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Very sad. What a legend! I'll best remember him for:

- Ash in Alien
- The coach in Chariots of fire
- Napoleon in Time Bandits
- Frodo in the definitive (IMO) Lord of the Rings Radio drama.
- The perfect old Bilbo in the movies
- Sam's hapless boss in Brazil
- The welsh soldier Fluellen in Branagh's definitive Henry V
- Polonius in Mel Gibson's Hamlet.
- The stern Doctor in The Madness of King George (maybe his best role)
- The priest in The 5th Element
- Jack the Ripper in From Hell (the film around him sucked but he was damned creepy)
- The angry little chef in Ratatouille
- The father in the hit 90s Borrowers TV show (loved him in that)

^ A fraction of his long career.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Loved him in Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan. 

I remember when this movie came out... where did the time go?

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
- The priest in The 5th Element

Yes! I had completely forgotten that he was in The Fifth Element, I've not watched that in years. Guess I know what I'll be watching tonight. I'll definitely be lifting a glass to his memory.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow. I never knew his name admittedly, and I never realized just how many things he was in. May he rest in peace...

Top Bottom