• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Obituaries

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
0 out of 1 members like this post

Sorry to whoever I offended. I wasn't making light of Rickman's death. I was saying that his role in Galaxy Quest is one of my favorites, and that's what his character would say to honor the passing of a noble person.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
0 out of 1 members like this post

Sorry to whoever I offended. I wasn't making light of Rickman's death. I was saying that his role in Galaxy Quest is one of my favorites, and that's what his character would say to honor the passing of a noble person.

That's how I interpreted it. Weird that someone downvoted that. I loved Rickman and Galaxy Quest.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Could have been a mis-vote. I've done that before.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've had a "Produced by David Bowie" day on the stereo. 'Lust For Life', 'The Idiot' and 'Transformer', with 'All the Young Dudes' and 'Blah Blah Blah' still to go.

It occured to me that mostly everyone who recorded, appeared-on, or was mentioned on 'Walk on the Wild Side' (Lou Reed, David Bowie, Mick Ronson, Andy Warhol, Holly Woodlawn, Candy Darling, Jackie Curtis and Sugar Plum Fairy) have all now gone to the big Factory in the sky :sad:.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
Hell, you've deleted this thread before! :)
Can I ban someone for being 100% correct?

Lol.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Could have been a mis-vote. I've done that before.

Shit. I hit the wrong button in your post.

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Always liked him as Fish, and in Neil Simon's The Cheap Detective (as well as The Godfather, of course). Seeing photos of him also always reminds me of my late dad, aka Hebrides the Elder (thanks, Neg!), who, despite being 15 years younger than Abe Vigoda, got (somewhat plausibly) mistaken for him by a flight attendant on a plane once. I wish I could say that the case of mistaken identity led us to getting bumped up to first class or something, but alas...still, fun memory.

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
RIP Frank Finlay, one of the all-time great character actors. While Olivier's Othello may be very difficult to watch now because of Olivier's blackface, Finlay remains the best Iago I have ever seen. He really seems to be improvising his way through every moment, and he manages to convey a genuine sense of betrayal at having been passed over for a promotion after trying for years to be the perfect soldier in order to please a general he imagined to be his friend and compatriot.

Even more than as Iago, though, I will always remember him as Porthos in The Three and The Four Musketeers (and their somewhat less successful sequel, The Return of the Musketeers). He took Porthos's strength, his humor, his foppishness, and his aspirations to nobility and made them into a truly unforgettable character and very nearly stole every scene he was in (so much so that he did the voiceover at the beginning of The Four Musketeers). And, to top it all off, he also played O'Reilly, the "Irish" (though clearly Jewish) jeweler whose skill at recreating diamond studs helps to save the day...and if you didn't know that both characters were played by Finlay, you'd never suspect it.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/63...urce=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
When I first saw the news, my stupid brain misread it as "Actor Frank finally dies aged 89" which I thought was a bit insulting :D.

I probably remember him best for his hilarious role as the insane 'Witchsmeller Pursuivant' in Black Adder, although Porthos was awesome too.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
As many of you have probably already heard by now, voice actor Joe Alaskey passed away last week. One of his first big roles was as Plucky Duck on Tiny Toon Adventures before eventually (often) playing Daffy Duck himself (as well as Bugs Bunny and others).

Here's a compilation video I found. The sound quality varies wildly, but it's the most comprehensive set of clips I've come across.

So long, Joe. Parting is such sweet sorrow, indeed.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duke -- Apollo's and Rocky's most trusted and loyal man in the corner has left the ring.

Rest in peace Tony Burton.

Top Bottom