• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Obituaries

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Best Bowie album anyone?

Obviously it's 'Hunky Dory' but does anyone else have a different/wrong opinion?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Best Bowie album anyone?

Obviously it's 'Hunky Dory' but does anyone else have a different/wrong opinion?

LOL. Hunky Dory is great. The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust is in the same league, IMO, but Hunky Dory is possibly my favorite as well. He has done so much varied material, that its hard to pick a favorite

Even his recent work has been really enjoyable. The Next Day was great, and after spinning Blackstar it seems that he would have just kept going had he had the time. Much of it does feel like a goodbye record though.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My fave still is the Berlin Trilogy- Low, Heroes and Lodger.
Also dig Outside and Ziggy Stardust

yads

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Best Bowie album anyone?

Hunky Dory is my favourite during the day, it's got a lightness and fun that can't be matched, but late at night nothing beats Ziggy. And I mean nothing. Goodness knows how many times I've played Ziggy as midnight approached.

Rock n Roll Suicide is gonna sting tonight like never before.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yads said:
late at night nothing beats Ziggy. And I mean nothing. Goodness knows how many times I've played Ziggy as midnight approached.

Rock n Roll Suicide is gonna sting tonight like never before.

I was listening to that album as I drove home this evening through the darkness and street lights, and that track did indeed sound particularly fabulous.

The new album is really strong with an appropriately Joy Division like vibe. I also love 'Low' which is spinning on my turntable right now, good times.

yads

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah I'm really enjoying the new album as well. The last two tracks are lovely - they're too painful to play today but it'll get some spins in the next few weeks.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
M3HOWvK.jpg

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, what a weird, sad week. First Jareth and now Snape.

Both actors were British and 69 years old. Both succumbed to cancer.

So long, Alan. Thanks for all the good movie memories. By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Worvan, you shall be avenged.

MWRK

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So incredibly sad about the deaths of Alan Rickman & David Bowie. Its shocking and unreal. Rest in Peace Mr. Bowie, Mr. Rickman, and Mr. Kilmister too. Fuck Cancer.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Brian Bedford who voiced Robin Hood in Disney's 1973 cartoon died on the 13th of January too. (The day before we lost our Sheriff) He was 80.

Top Bottom