• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Obituaries

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
I have to admit I had no idea he was still alive. To me he'll always be Bill Gannon.

I liked him as both, and as Gen. Steele in a Henry Blake-era episode of M*A*S*H. That said, and no offense intended to jswert at all, the obit was from four years ago. I've seen several links about his death on a number of different forums -- not entirely sure why it's trending all of a sudden.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sometimes the internet is stupid.

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's an empty seat at the end of the bar at the Rainbow tonight.

And hell just got A LOT louder.

No Sleep Till Hammersmith is getting cranked to 11 tonight.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had Radio2 on as I was driving and they usually play middle-of-the-road Rock and Pop but this time they were playing...

...it was almost worth it to hear stuff like this on the radio! :p Plus listeners ringing in telling many stories of Lemmy being a generally lovely guy when you met him.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
14e822667568e4c820380527f35e232d.jpg

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:

Just learned that 30 minutes ago.
I'm a bit shocked.
Saw him in 2002 and 2003. The first show in 2002 at the Nimes arena (where Metallica and Ramstein recorded some DVD) is still one of my favorite concert memory. The most pleasent show. Big sunshine, no clouds, then almost a full moon with a cool breeze. People dancing in the pit instead of pushing to be on first row. And a classy David Bowie delivering an amazing set of old and new songs from his album Heathen.

I was almost exactly at the same position as the guy who made the pictures on this video.

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just heard the news. So sad :( As a singer songwriter he was up there with the best. Such a massive loss.

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So sad to hear the news of David Bowie passing, a true legend has left us with some great memories. Being a child of the 80's The Labyrinth was the first time I'd heard or seen Bowie
[video=youtube_share;ViftZTfRSt8]

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
devastating. Bowie definitely had a strong influence on me at an early age. Such a talented man.

Top Bottom