• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Obituaries

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
he died after battling brain cancer.

Jeez.

rlcjzm.png

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
you never know. he just might return.

sgp1428

Reaction score
Trophy Points
At least the man's work got the recognition it deserved during his lifetime......

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Baseball legend and sometime philosopher Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra has died at 90:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/24/s...dies-at-90-yankees-baseball-catcher.html?_r=0

While I, like everyone else, can appreciate Yogi Berra's wit and seemingly unintentional wisdom, he was far from just a punchline or the lovable sidekick on the team.

He was a guy who was built all wrong to be a ballplayer, without the movie star looks of Gehrig, the charisma of Mantle, or the grace of DiMaggio. Yet through determination, hard work, and yes, talent, he hit 358 home runs, had 1,430 RBIs, played in 18 All-Star Games, won 3 MVPs, and earned 10 World Series rings (a record).

And did he call a good game? Don Larsen's perfect game in the 1956 World Series is as strong an argument as there could be that he did, as is the fact that he's one of only four catchers in history to play an entire season without an error. In 1962, he caught all 22 innings of a game against the Tigers that lasted seven hours. Imagine staying absolutely focused at your job for that long, with no margin for error for most of that time. Now imagine doing it in front of thousands of people, with a hard ball hurtling towards you at around 90 MPH, and crouching the whole time.

His time with the Yankees was so memorable that it's easy to forget that he was a coach on the 1969 Mets World Series team. He also coined possibly his most famous Yogism, "It ain't over 'til it's over," when he was the manager of the Mets and led them to the Series in 1973. RIP to a good man who led a great life.

1982%2BTopps%2BYogi%2BBerra.jpg

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
film make Chantal Akerman

Chantal Akerman make film, not other way round.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Sounds fine to me, oh wait... jswert, you are a Red-Indian chief from the 1950s right?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Oh I see. Sorry. Thanks for clearing it up.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Melissa Mathison, 65.

SSMMNHF.jpg

Top Bottom