• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Obituaries

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Stage, screen, and TV actor Roger Rees has died at age 71:

http://www.playbill.com/news/articl...famous-by-nicholas-nickleby-dies-at-71-351533

Among many other roles, he was so, so good as Lord John Marbury on The West Wing. Here is a representative clip, and it makes me quite sad to think that of the three main players in the scene, both Rees and John Spencer, Marbury's main foil in most of his episodes, are now gone:

ETA: Just saw that jswert posted literally a minute before I did.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm sure many here haven't heard of Tom Piccirilli, but he lost his battle with brain cancer today. He was a fantastic author who created lyrically dark crime and horror novels. If you've never read his work do give him a shot.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry to hear about Piccirilli.
The only book of his I have is Futile Efforts which, sad to say, I haven't gotten around to reading.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No one ever said this has to be movie-related.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I mostly remember him for his hilarious turn in the H2G2 TV series as the bath-addicted Golgafrinchan Captain...

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
RIP Moe Greene and Roger Meyers, Jr.

itchyandscratchyandmarge3.png

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
'Rowdy' Roddy Piper: Professional Wrestler and Actor Dies at Age 61

Oh man :-(. On the 'They Live' commentary he came across as such a nice guy. Think I'll have another listen to it tonight.

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's sad. He always seemed like a nice bloke. Remember him well in the St. Trinians films, A Christmas Carol with his mentor, Alistair Sim, and, of course, Minder. Reading the link, it appears he died in the hospital I was born in.

RIP George.

Top Bottom