• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Obituaries

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's really awful to die that young.

chekhov+flower.jpg

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's terrible. 2016 has been a cruel year. :(

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
makes it even sadder news that it was just some terrible mistake or accident that caused this
he wasnt out driving  wild or drunk.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
makes it even sadder news that it was just some terrible mistake or accident that caused this
Kinda hits you how sudden life can end.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aztek463 said:
jswert123456 said:

we are all on borrowed time, none of us know when it will happen.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
Aztek463 said:
jswert123456 said:

we are all on borrowed time, none of us know when it will happen.
That we are. I won't start a philosophical discourse on the subject, but being reminded of your own mortality is never fun.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aztek463 said:
...being reminded of your own mortality is never fun.

See: All extreme sports ever.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yelchin was a really likeable actor. He had a very promising career but was already good.
Makes me sad.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That makes me very sad. He was from a whole 'nother era of Hollywood bid-budget art-house filmmaking. Although perhaps Alejandro G. Iñárritu has some of that same crazy spirit... but he has had a bit more luck with the boxoffice so far than Cimino did. Add that to Cimino's cinematographer Vilmos Zsigmond who died in january...

XKusWDi.jpg

I note that Obit ^ continues reprinting the half-truths about the two 'Heaven's Gate' versions.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
RIP. Maybe I'll actually get around to watching Heaven's Gate.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Noel Neill, the original Lois Lane, dead at 95.

_90290721_noelneillsolo_gettyimages.jpg

Noel Neill was still making personal appearances and attending book signings into her 90th year

Actress Noel Neill, who was the first to play the character of Lois Lane on screen, has died at the age of 95.

She died on Sunday at her home in Tucson, Arizona, after a long illness, according to her manager and biographer Larry Ward.

Neill played the Daily Planet reporter in the 1948 and 1950 movie serials alongside Kirk Alyn as Superman.

She also played Lois Lane in the TV series Adventures of Superman alongside George Reeves between 1953 and 1958.

Neill also made appearances in the 1978 Christopher Reeve Superman film, in an uncredited role as Lois Lane's mother Ella, and in the 2006 Superman Returns film, starring Brandon Routh.

She also appeared in a 1992 episode of the TV series Superboy, based on Superman's younger years.

_90290723_loislane_hultonarchivegettyimages.jpg

Neill played Lois Lane opposite George Reeves as Superman in the TV series Adventures of Superman

Born in Minnesota, she was the daughter of Minneapolis Star Tribune news editor David Neill and New York vaudeville performer LaVere Neill.

She started singing and dancing as a child and performed at county and state fairs throughout the midwest in the 1930s.

Neill moved to Hollywood at 18 and soon got her big break when she was hired by Bing Crosby to sing at his Turf Club at the race track in Del Mar, California.

In 1941 she was signed up to a contract by Paramount Pictures.

Noel made close to 100 films in her career and worked with directors including such Cecil B DeMille and Vincent Minnelli and actors Bob Hope, Crosby and Gene Kelly.

In the 1940s and 1950s she appeared in many Westerns and was awarded the 2004 Golden Boot Award - for her many Western films.

There is a statue of Lois Lane in her likeness in the town of Metropolis, Illinois.

Ward said she was still making personal appearances and attending book signings into her 90th year.

"Noel truly was Lois Lane, and for many of us, she was the first working woman seen on television. Few of her fans actually knew her real name, almost always simply calling her 'Lois' to which she would unfailing answer with a bright smile and a kind word.

"It was more than a role to her. 'Lois' was someone she believed in and a character she happily and warmly embraced," he said.

Star Wars actor Mark Hamill has also paid tribute - "They say your 1st is always your favourite. I LOVED Noel Neill as Lois. She was sweet warm & wonderful in person too!" he tweeted.

A public memorial to the actress will be held later this year.

The character of Lois Lane went on to be played by Margot Kidder in the four Christopher Reeve Superman movies in the 1970s and 80s and Kate Bosworth in 2006's Superman Returns.

The role has also been played by Amy Adams in the most recent Superman films Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Man of Steel and she is currently filming Justice League.

On TV Teri Hatcher in the ABC series Lois & Clark: The New Adventures in the 1990s and Erica Durance in Smallville between 2004 and 2011.

Code:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36712560

Top Bottom