• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Obituaries

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just saw this.......I am devastated......I hated watching him destroy my favorite teams, but grew to admire his poise, tenacity, and intellect. *sigh* This one hurts. Prayers and comfort to his family and those others who passed in the crash.....

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
23985650-7937875-Nicholas_Parsons_tributes-m-9_1580225084359.jpg

Nicholas Parsons 1923-2020 (96-years old)

I (and the rest of the UK) have been happily listening to Nicholas presenting BBC Radio4's 'Just a Minute' comedy panel-show all my life. So many laughs! He presented the show non-stop for 52-years (85 series / 947 episodes / 442 hours of entertainment). I'm sure the mental dexterity needed to helm the show is what kept his mind young 'til the end.

Just six months ago he was slaying the audience on Richard Herring's comedy podcast:

I was watching him in an episode of Doctor Who (on the new blu-ray boxset) just last night :( .

fenric.jpg

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The official Python channel uploaded a nice little tribute video to Terry Jones (including some shots from the new 1080p transfer of the show):

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Plissken1138 said:
Kirk. 103.

Wrong. He died aged 60 on Veridian III.

But seriously... one of my favourite actors. 'Out of the Past', 'Ace in the Hole', 'The Bad and the Beautiful', 'Gunfight at the O.K. Corral', 'Paths of Glory' and 'Spartacus' are all classics.

What a scene!:

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
'Ace in the Hole' was on PlutoTV the other night. It had already started and I'm like the Woody Allen character who has to see a film from the beginning. Even so, I watched a few minutes of it and vowed to get the Criterion blu-ray soon. Such a classic. 

103 is a great innings. Hope they do a nice tribute at the Oscars this weekend.

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great actor.   Whenever I think of him, I can't help but think of his great performance as Jesus in "The Greatest Story Ever Told".

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
His work with Ingmar Bergman made him one of my favourite actors. RIP.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
He was so great in Dune as Dr. Kynes:

^ Love his awe struck delivery of "He shall know your ways as if born to them".

^ Lol.

^ A fitting send off. He was the one good thing in that movie.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just found out that James Lipton died. Of course best known as Warden Gentles from Arrested Development.

“There's only one man I've ever called a coward, and that's Brian Doyle Murray. No, what I'm calling you is a television actor.”

RIP

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My Grandmother adored him, which means he's been sort of in my life forever.  Would have guessed he was older based on that.

Also, I once ate in a Kenny Rogers Roasters.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Adam Schlesinger has died due to COVID-19 complications. He wrote and sang That Thing You Do. The movie of the same name is one of my favorite movies of all time. I just watched it recently, but will probably watch it again tonight.

Top Bottom