• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finished up watching. It was ok, but as has been mentioned, the fact that we know Kenobi, Vader, Luke, Leia, Oewn, and Beru all survive & the kids remain unknown to Vader takes away pretty much all tension. There is no real danger to any of them. The rest of the characters? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø They're supporting mooks and again it's inconsequential to the overall plot arc what happens to them.
I found Reva incredibly annoying. The character wasn't well thought-out and I didn't enjoy the acting at all--she was trying too hard the entire time. On the other side of the coin, I kind of liked the portrayal of young Leia.
Anyway, not the best or worst offering for the IP. I don't envision going back to watch again.
Funny. I never had any problem with Reva other than her arc was pretty obvious before it was intended. But having two 9 year old kids, I found Leia to seem way too young for ten. I donā€™t blame the actress since she was eight I think. But she was supposed to seem precocious but instead seems overly young. Maybe that plays differently for someone who doesnā€™t have kids at that same age. Anyway, thereā€™s lots of hate for Reva and I thought she was one of the best parts of the series.

Last edited:

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Funny. I never had any problem with Reva other than her arc was pretty obvious before it was intended. But having two 9 year old kids, I found Leia to seem way too young for ten. I donā€™t blame the actress since she was eight I think. But she was supposed to seem precocious but instead seems overly young. Maybe that plays differently for someone who doesnā€™t have kids at that same age. Anyway, thereā€™s lots of hate for Reva and I thought she was one of the best parts of the series.
šŸ˜† I have a precocious daughter that just turned 10. My wife and I simultaneously looked at each other and nodded. Young Leia reminds us of our little princess quite a lot.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Count me among the underwhelmed. What was the point of any of that? They go to such pains to reset everything back to 0 at the end of episode 6 that I don't think even the writers know why they did this.

krausfadr

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Less than five minutes into episode 1 as the Jedi hunter gives the monologue in the bar I realized the writers gave zero f-ks about this dumpster fire.

henzINNIT

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Disney/Lucafilm binned the writer with potential and some actual successes behind him in favour of the guy who wrote Army of the Dead and King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Disney/Lucafilm binned the writer with potential and some actual successes behind him in favour of the guy who wrote Army of the Dead and King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.
Not to get off topic, but Army of the Dead was one of the biggest disappointments in a long time for me. What a load of horse manure.

DonKamillo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"The original script writer was Hossein Amini, who had been brought on back when Obi-Wan Kenobi was supposed to be a movie, not a Disney+ series."

"One of the things Kennedy explained in this interview is that the script for Obi-Wan Kenobi was essentially rewritten to make it a more ā€œhopefulā€ story."

Source

And according to IMDB the next project of the guy who rewrote this will be the new Transformers movie...

Revan100

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For me, this show isn't necessarily good or bad. It's just something that exists. I felt the same about Rouge One and Solo.

henzINNIT

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"The original script writer was Hossein Amini, who had been brought on back when Obi-Wan Kenobi was supposed to be a movie, not a Disney+ series."

"One of the things Kennedy explained in this interview is that the script for Obi-Wan Kenobi was essentially rewritten to make it a more ā€œhopefulā€ story."

Source

And according to IMDB the next project of the guy who rewrote this will be the new Transformers movie...

Amini was attached for so long, and also worked on the series version for months. Looking at where he's still credited in the scripts, you can squint and see the movie he was working on before it needed padding and brightening up. Shame. Seems like a movie was probably the better choice here.

Not to get off topic, but Army of the Dead was one of the biggest disappointments in a long time for me. What a load of horse manure.

That is this writer's best received film ha

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The title makes it sound so much like you guys are talking about Army of Darkness/Evil Dead 3.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Am l the only one who loved Army of the Dead??????

hothstation

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Count me among the underwhelmed. What was the point of any of that? They go to such pains to reset everything back to 0 at the end of episode 6 that I don't think even the writers know why they did this.
I wholly agree with you.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I think everyone knew that to tell an Obi Wan story in that timeframe you were going to need it be somewhat inconsequential. Everything had to be as it was at the beginning of ANH. They somewhat tried to give Obi Wan an arc in that he blamed himself for Anakinā€™s fall and everything that happened as a result. Though I didnā€™t feel they emphasized that enough. Thatā€™s why I think Revaā€™s storyline is so crucial; sheā€™s the only one with a story arc we donā€™t fully know the result. One thing that is different is that Obi Wan is now an even bigger villain for letting Vader go a second time. šŸ¤£

fetchimage

krausfadr

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've trudged through the first 3 episodes. The Kenobi Vader opening fight looked like a cheap fan film. No choreography needed, just lots of lighter fluid.
After spending billions for the franchise, Disney's wallet sure is tight here.

DigModiFicaTion

Dį“‰įƒ›Woqį“‰Ō·į“‰cɑź“•į“‰ou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hrmmmm......I'm not sure how I feel about this. The show wreaks of TV show (yes yes I know that's what it is), but it feels like a fan film at times, especially during that finale lightsaber duel. At least it was toned down in terms of over the top twirls and jumps, but it was still kind of ridiculous. Star Wars feels like high production value cosplay/fanfilms now. Perhaps I'm just losing all care for Star Wars? I should sit on this one for a bit.

Update
Well after watching this video, perhaps I need to eat my hat....šŸ˜³

Last edited:

krausfadr

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well after watching this video, perhaps I need to eat my hat....šŸ˜³
It could feel fan filmy even with excellent sword choreographyā€¦ maybe thereā€™s something else at the end that feels off. The VFX, dialogue, camera angles? What is it?

@DigModiFicaTion
EDIT: in rewatching the epic battle, when they switch to long distance shots, they use a shaky cam. Which makes it look more like a fan film. A little shakiness can be effective for closer intense action. Using it at a distance, unless itā€™s for an obvious reason (like someone is watching) makes it feel cheap. Cinematography really was ehhh.

Last edited:

Driver

Reaction score
Trophy Points
While I liked the final episode more, I felt like Obi-Wan as a whole could've been better. With that said, some of the criticisms that I've heard are rather weird, as Star Wars had been stupider and had more annoying characters in previous installments. It just feels like another Star Wars show.

DonKamillo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

"I don't wanna be around anymore..." šŸ˜‘

Top Bottom