• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That was my thought as well. It's not that Vader couldn't use the force or forgot, he just felt Obi-wan at this point was not even the shell he wanted him to be and barely worth his time.

I am super excited to fan edit this into a movie. Yes, there are some moments of really bad dialogue and a some stupid chase scenes, but all can be removed. There is also just the chance to bring Star Wars elements via music and transition wipes to give it more of that visual connectiveness.
Yeah, as a fan of fan edits (lol), I would love to have projects to watch based on the material on Disney+. Unfortunately, I don’t think they’ll ever physically release these shows. 😕

henzINNIT

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, as a fan of fan edits (lol), I would love to have projects to watch based on the material on Disney+. Unfortunately, I don’t think they’ll ever physically release these shows. 😕

The edits won't be here but they will be made. I've seen some work done on OWK already.

Plissken1138

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hello there.

A093M37.png

zodaex

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just saw the first two episodes of Obi-Wan over at my friend's house. So far it's my favorite Star Wars TV show for sure. Can't wait for the eventual BD release to proudly display on my shelf. :giggle:
Looking forward to episode 3!

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Caught up on this finally. On the whole we're enjoying it. For us young Leia is hilarious because the attitude resembles our daughter so well. We simultaneously looked at each other and both knew we were thinking "yeah, that's our little princess all right."
There's definitely missteps. The abduction chase was a bit silly and the Yakkey Sax overlay fit all too well. There's a lack of tension for the overall arc because we know there's no true peril for the main characters. I'm not completely taken with the acting of the Third Sister; seems a bit forced & trying too hard. I'll keep watching though.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fourth episode was an improvement for me, managing to generate a bit more dramatic tension. Unfortunately, that tension was nearly always released through deus ex machina (or worse yet, baffling actions by the antagonists) rather than feeling earned. Still, a small step in the right direction.

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think the oversaturation of Star Wars content is not going in favor of... new Star Wars content’s reception, by fans especially.
I’m finding Obi-Wan to be better and better with each episode (haven’t seen 4 yet), even though I didn’t love the first one. A classic, honest, well thought out, tale.

I loved the way Vader wants to make Kenobi suffer when they meet: he is still guided by his emotions and by his sentiments of vengeance, whereas when they meet again in A New Hope he will have as his only goal to strike Kenobi to death, regardless of their past and of their relationship. I think this was a really neat and elegantly thought out building step in the series. I hope they don’t ruin it.

hothstation

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think it's best for me to not watch this show any further; it just feels like a nearly-successful attempt at character assassination.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think it's best for me to not watch this show any further; it just feels like a nearly-successful attempt at character assassination.
How do you mean? I think, like those similar claims about Luke in TLJ, you need to have conflict for the characters to overcome. Presumably, the character will overcome his brokenness by the end of the series. I remember a lot of people thinking physical challenges (ie action scenes) would be enough challenge for Luke. I disagree. Only when there is character growth does the audience invest in a character arc. But, as I said at the top, I’m not clear that’s what you mean.

SIUse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After four episodes my biggest problem with this series is: How do they expect the viewer to believe that Obi-Wan is returning to Tattooine until EP IV and Vader or the Empire isn‘t looking for him on this planet again?

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
After four episodes my biggest problem with this series is: How do they expect the viewer to believe that Obi-Wan is returning to Tattooine until EP IV and Vader or the Empire isn‘t looking for him on this planet again?
is that a problem or a curiosity though... that is the question!

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I might not be remembering correctly, but they never did figure out he was there to begin with. Of all of the planets in all of the galaxy, surely they aren't going to walk into Tatooine again looking for old Ben.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I mean, we’re talking about canon that has the antagonists biggest enemy simply change his name to Ben, yet neglect to change his last name from Kenobi, who leaves the antagonist’s son who he’s to protect with the antagonist’s family without saying, “hey why don’t you call him Luke Lars” and instead allows him to be called by the antagonist’s last name at the very place the antagonist buried his mother.

So yeah, I’m going to go ahead and say that’s pretty consistent with the “canon.” 🤣

DonKamillo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's a meh for me in general (caught up to episode 4). McGregor tries his best to keep us watching but the script won't have it. The stupidity of the antagonists throughout the whole thing made me laugh out loud at some points.

And then there's so many questions...

- Why does a Disney show, featuring some of the most iconic Star Wars characters of all time, look so cheap (compared to shows like Stranger Things for example)?
- Nothing against that little girl but why so lazy with the character development? They give us an eight year old girl playing a ten year old Leia that is pretty much the same from A New Hope...
- Why is Obi Wan's character written so contradictory?
One moment he needs to wait for Luke to be older so he can train him just to declare he is finished with the whole Jedi business moments later... Which one is it Kenobi?

Why...why...why...?

Last edited:

henzINNIT

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I mean, we’re talking about canon that has the antagonists biggest enemy simply change his name to Ben, yet neglect to change his last name from Kenobi, who leaves the antagonist’s son who he’s to protect with the antagonist’s family without saying, “hey why don’t you call him Luke Lars” and instead allows him to be called by the antagonist’s last name at the very place the antagonist buried his mother.

So yeah, I’m going to go ahead and say that’s pretty consistent with the “canon.” 🤣

"We hid you from your father to keep you safe. Leia was formally adopted by royalty and grew up a princess. Got lazy with you Luke, so we dumped you on your father's home planet, with your father's name, with your father's only known family, at the same address he saw them at last. You should be fine if he never visits his mother's grave."

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Yes, why the Luke and Leia being twins thing never made sense and can never make sense. I blame the following for making it even more nonsensical:

"We hid you from your father to keep you safe. Leia was formally adopted by royalty and grew up a princess. Got lazy with you Luke, so we dumped you on your father's home planet,

TPM. The prequels didn't need to make Anakin's home planet Tatooine, they didn't need to show he'd ever been to Tatooine, or ever heard of the place.

Correction: Actually, I remembered in SW Ben does say the line about Owen thinking Anakin should've "stayed here and not gotten involved", so it's not TPM's fault for that one.

with your father's name,

ROTS. The prequels didn't need to show Anakin being aware of his missus being pregnant. Leia still remembers her being alive in ROTJ, so it would make more sense if she'd left Anakin when he turned evil, then the test came back positive.

ROTJ. If they were twins, raising them separately with different names made no sense, which was explained by the characters at the end of ROTS with "reasons?".

with your father's only known family,

AOTC. The prequels didn't need to show Anakin being aware of where the Lars were, it was only established that Anakin and Owen knew each other in SW.

at the same address he saw them at last. You should be fine if he never visits his mother's grave."

AOTC. Again this was made exponentially worse in AOTC.

Last edited:

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^^ And all of this is the connections and Easter eggs fans so desperately crave. If there’s one way describe the problems with Disney Star Wars it’s that it is doing exactly what the fans would want George Lucas to do.

The problem is when the fans get what they ask for, they don’t like it.

henzINNIT

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I do find it amusing seeing Lucas purists bemoaning Disney for weird continuity issues when Star Wars has been retconning itself for like 40 years at this point.

The constant need to revisit Tatooine is very tiresome though. It was explicitly designed to be a worthless dead zone in the galaxy. Leave it be. It is not interesting.

Top Bottom