• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

November 2021 FEOTM

What was your Favorite Edit of the month in November 2021?

• The Fall of the Pacific by Murikamir

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2: The Untold Finale Edition by Masirimso17

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Edits by Stromboli Bones

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Terminator – The Hunt for Sarah Connor by robulon

• Star Trek: The Man Trap – The Salty Seductress Edition by The Warlord

• Daughter of Themyscira (A Wonder Woman Edit) by krausfadr

• Iron Man 1.1 by lantern51

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith ‘Another Happy Sanding’ by octoroxx

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rocky: The Series by youngy94

• Breakfast Club: The John Hughes Extended Edition by BlueYoda

• M4’s The Hobbit Book Edit by M4_

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Batman: The Killing Joke: The DCAU Cut by Zarius

• Ladyhawke Rescored by MusicEd921

• The Haunting: The Implicit Cut by The Scribbling Man

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • True Romance: Quentin Tarantino Cut by Agent Sam Stanley

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Going old-school and posting the poll thread manually, since the forum software is temp playing up. Full details at the IFDB article.

A humungous list of 15 edits to vote for this month (I feel like it's been a while since we've had this many!).

Voting closes on January 1st.

TAKE NOTE:

• Voting is limited to active members who have been registered for more than a month and have a minimum of 5 posts.
  • Faneditors are not allowed to vote for their own edit.
  • Faneditors are not allowed to solicit votes by PMing users or promoting the poll in other forums or social sites.

Last edited:

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
animal planet dog GIF by Puppy Bowl

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's quite a list. I know I won't have time to watch even the ones I'm interested in and have gotten my hands on. So, yeah...SQUIRREL!

Stromboli Bones

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
From the looks of it, it seems that in the end it all will come to "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Two Edits"!
As a newbie editor I'm quite surprised to be making the same observation!

I'm honored to have gotten this far, and like Scribbler, I would also like to thank everyone who has shown their support :')

M4_

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Same, this is my first fan edit so it's amazing being shown support by the community here, truly feel honored. Cheers to everyone who's checked it out!

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congratulations @M4_
Even more impressive since it's your first. Hope you stick around for a while

Reactions: M4_

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congratulations to @Stromboli Bones, as well! It's also his first. A very impressive first edit! Hopefully, he will stick around, as well!

Both edits are excellent! Excited to see what their next projects may be.

Hearing rumors of a Titanic edit?

Last edited:

Embis

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Damn... that's disappointing. At least M4 took a slice of the W since parts of his edit were used :LOL:

Last edited:

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That doesn't even make sense. I guess Spence, L8wrtr, Dustin Lee, Don Kamillo, Adam Dens, Wraith, and wait...Peter Jackson and the thousands of people who were a part of each Hobbit movie also get a slice? 🤔 I don't think the pie is that big, M4.

And why would it be disappointing? Great edits were made. The best edit may have been the one that got four votes. Two great edits fought hard for the win and one edit won. Seems to me that's how the contest works.

I would have preferred to see all of those votes spread out more evenly. Several great edits were overlooked. Perhaps, they should be the ones who are dissapointed?

Last edited:

Embis

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That doesn't even make sense. I guess Spence, L8wrtr, Dustin Lee, Don Kamillo, Adam Dens, Wraith, and wait...Peter Jackson and the thousands of people who were a part of each Hobbit movie also get a slice? 🤔 I don't think the pie is that big, M4.

And why would it be disappointing? Great edits were made. The best edit may have been the one that got four votes. Two great edits fought hard for the win and one edit won. Seems to me that's how the contest works.

I would have preferred to see all of those votes spread out more evenly. Several great edits were overlooked. Perhaps, they should be the ones who are dissapointed?
Why did you address me as M4? Lol.

Of course it's disappointing for someone to lose in a competition, considering I also helped to work on the project. I just find it upsetting that, objectively speaking, the more thoughtful, better edited and obviously superior edit lost in the poll.

Something fishy was going on with the voting as well... which I won't speak on, it's in the past, but moving forward I'd suggest to the admins that making the vote counts private would help to prevent abuse. Simply asking people to not do it accomplishes nothing.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just find it upsetting that, objectively speaking, the more thoughtful, better edited and obviously superior edit lost in the poll

There is nothing objective here. The monthly poll is simply about people voting for their favourite edit. It's entirely a reflection of the subjective preferences of the community. I don't think this discussion is particularly fair on the winner, so I would suggest it ends here.

Something fishy was going on with the voting as well... which I won't speak on, it's in the past, but moving forward I'd suggest to the admins that making the vote counts private would help to prevent abuse. Simply asking people to not do it accomplishes nothing.

If there are any concerns about how the poll works or any suspicious activity relating to it, it should be directed to staff via PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom