• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Not a fanedit idea,but an idea for fanedits.

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I see that we do not use NFO's anymore,well I still like to include them with my releases,and I like to read them when they are included in others releases,so I was wondering,can we get and expert NFO creator here to create a custom FanEdit.org NFO so all we have to do is add the correct edit info and then wallah,we have a NFO again.
Kind of like Cinemageddon's NFO,then when you upload you just change the info but there logo is still there.

does anyone else here support a specific FanEdit.org NFO for all of us to use?

so who can create those fancy looking NFO's?

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lewis886 said:
what is an NFO?

It is like a fancy text file we used to all include with our uploads,some of them can look pretty neat,I just do not know how to create a fancy looking one,especially with a FanEdit.org banner or logo.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
good idea. I would use it.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
theres loads of NFO creator applications out there so it shouldn't be too difficult.

great idea as well!

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really want to use it too,well Cinemageddon uses GetDiz,I have it but did not check it out yet,but I have been using NFO creator,but I am not sure if that will let you put those fancy pics in.

I will make one up for us if I can figure out how to make the pics and we decide what logo or banner we wnat to use,we should make it pretty impressive though,there are some really nice ones out there.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
you don't need an application, just an image and the website to an "ascii art generator" like this one:

http://ascii.mastervb.net/

i used this image from the FE homepage and it turned out pretty cool:
http://fanedit.org/wpTF/wp-content/them ... ic-top.jpg

with settings 3 (quality) and 1 (size) it popped out:

fenfoco2.jpg

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
that is awesome.

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
it looks cool but it is too damn big,it won't go into a NFO file,I am looking into other software,I will keep you guys updated.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
you just need a vertical picture rather than horizontal.

that was just an example.

Top Bottom