• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

No Jar Jar edits?

webwebster

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Does anyone know of Star Wars edits without Jar Jar Binx? Such work would vastly improve the quality of that trilogy, IMHO. But a search doesn't turn up anything with those keywords: "No Jar Jar."

To completely remove Jar Jar would be very difficult. Most simply tone him down significantly. He's virtually a background mute in L8Wrtr's edit (which I appreciate). I believe there have been some attempts to subtitle him and change the sound of his voice as well.

Last edited:
I thought this thread was about "Are there no Jar Jar edits?" As in, has anyone made an edit that plays up Jar Jar's contribution? I'd watch that, if only to see the proof of concept.

The voice is the most insulting thing. And in 'voice' I include that appallingly racist dialogue he's given.

I thought this thread was about "Are there no Jar Jar edits?" As in, has anyone made an edit that plays up Jar Jar's contribution? I'd watch that, if only to see the proof of concept.
This has been done, I stumbled across it once. It was essentially just the movie from his perspective, I only skimmed it so I don't know the specifics.

Jar Jar appears in some important scenes iirc. To cut around him you'd have to get creative. Maybe present it as a series of vignettes, sporadic glimpses of the story. Maybe include the usable scenes as flashbacks in an edit of the other prequels. Maybe make a short that summarizes the story.
For what it's worth, I believe he has been completely removed in some edits of 2 and 3, but TPM remains the problem.

Ideally you'd also want to remove Watto and the Nemoidians who are also stereotypes (although some continue to deny this), but I don't think you can come up with something coherent if you cut all of the problems. Some editors have taken to just throwing TPM in the trash and tacking the Darth Maul fight onto AOTC as a cold open.

The voice is the most insulting thing. And in 'voice' I include that appallingly racist dialogue he's given.
Is it racist, though?

Not saying Jar Jar was a good character, but I'd never go as far as to call the creators or actors racist. That's just completely uncalled for.

Is it racist, though?

Not saying Jar Jar was a good character, but I'd never go as far as to call the creators or actors racist. That's just completely uncalled for.
No, I’m not calling either the actors or the creators overtly racist, as in, hating people of other races. However, Jar Jar and the entire species are so bumbling and foolish, to invest them with a readily identifiable Jamaican accent and vocabulary is insulting to Jamaicans and racially insensitive.

No, I’m not calling either the actors or the creators overtly racist, as in, hating people of other races. However, Jar Jar and the entire species are so bumbling and foolish, to invest them with a readily identifiable Jamaican accent and vocabulary is insulting to Jamaicans and racially insensitive.
Mostly to very sensitive people, though. What accent would be appropriate? No accent at all?

It would be a very boring world in every accent is off-limits just because it could potentially be offensive easily offended people. I litterally never saw Jar Jar as a jamaican lol.

#staff
General re-reminder to stay on topic. As Lapis pointed out, this thread was created to ask if there are edits that omit Jar Jar. It is true that some have said Jar Jar is offensive, and it is true that others have has said he is not. This however is not the place to debate racism or the appropriateness of accents. Please feel free to continue your discussion via PM if desired.

To answer the original question: here are all of the listings on IFDB for Episode 1. I'd suggest reading through the edit information to see if an edit meets your criteria.

Back
Top Bottom