• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

NLE that can edit subtitles along with video?

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is there any NLE that can edit a subtitle track along with the video track? For example, if I'm editing a two-hour movie, is there a program in which I can load both the video/audio tracks and the subtitle track, and if I cut out the portion of the video and audio from 05:00-10:00, that portion of the subtitle track is also edited out simultaneously?

I have Vegas 17 because from 16:

VEGAS Pro 16 Update 2 (build 307) October 2018

New Features

• You can now set any preset of the Titles and Text media generator as the default for the Insert Subtitles from Files and Insert Subtitles from Regions functions
  • You can now create subtitles by importing SRT files with the Insert Subtitles from files feature

Anyway I'm very happy with Vegasaur to work with srt... :)

I have Vegas 17 because from 16:

VEGAS Pro 16 Update 2 (build 307) October 2018

New Features

• You can now set any preset of the Titles and Text media generator as the default for the Insert Subtitles from Files and Insert Subtitles from Regions functions
  • You can now create subtitles by importing SRT files with the Insert Subtitles from files feature

Anyway I'm very happy with Vegasaur to work with srt... :)

I don't have Vegasaur. How does one use it to edit subtitles?

What formats of subtitles does it allow?
I know it can import and export SRTs. Not tried other formats. I've only tinkered with subs in Resolve so far.

One quirk I've found importing an SRT into it is that it seems to always put the first subtitle right at the beginning of the track, which means that and all subsequent ones will be too early by that amount. It's possible I'm just doing something wrong though.

To work around that, you can select all the subs and drag them right by the correct offset. I suppose another workaround could be to have a blank subtitle right at the beginning of the file, at exactly zero seconds.

Once they are right, they should move along with audio and video tracks as you edit.

Back
Top Bottom