• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

NLE Question

hpenvy

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, guys. I'm working on a fanedit at the moment and started thinking last night.. am I using the most effective/efficient software for this? I've been using Adobe Premiere, which is a great editing tool when you have a bunch of shots/scenes you want to edit together, but maybe not as effective when you are working with one long clip (the movie) and cutting it down/rearranging. Anyone have editing software or processes that you think make the whole process more efficient?

TLDR: Since fanediting is unique in that you are generally cutting something down rather than building something up, are there specific tools/processes you find to be more effective?

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I altered your thread title and removed your signature because it was a link to the HP website. No idea why you did that, but as a precaution for other users I deleted those links.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hpenvy said:
.. am I using the most effective/efficient software for this? I've been using Adobe Premiere, which is a great editing tool when you have a bunch of shots/scenes you want to edit together, but maybe not as effective when you are working with one long clip (the movie) and cutting it down/rearranging.

Many of the top editors here use Premiere for just that.  Like Vegas, it's a capable and highly regarded NLE. You should find that it does the job effectively.

Top Bottom