• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

NIN: HD Concert Footage for Editing.

dork313

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not sure where to put this exactly but I thought some members here might be interested in 405gb of HD quality videos released of 3 Nine Inch Nails concert. All three shows contain the same set list and the band members are wearing the same clothes so that editors can use the footage and mix them however they like. This is completely uncut raw footage just waiting for anyone to mess with.

Source: http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?18,378166

There is about 405gb of HD footage available. It was recorded with multiple consumer HDV cameras during three shows: Victoria 12.05.08, Portland 12.07.08, and Sacramento 12.12.08.

This is raw, unedited, un-color-corrected HD footage. It will be primarily of interest to advanced users, who may wish to attempt to edit it together into something.

Links:
Victoria
Portland
Sacramento

I'd love to see what some of the talented editors from here could do with this.

BTW, these are being released by NIN so there's no need to worry about copyright issues and all that crap.

^ Indeed. It's been a great time to be a NIN fan recently. I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of edits of these shows in the next couple of months. One group on ETS (a nin fan forum) have been working on a project similar to this but they didn't know we'd be receiving this footage. They actually organized a bunch of people to sneak HD cams into the final concert of this tour and record it. They've been editing it together for almost a month or so.

don´t care for nin at all.

just wanted to say ´hey dork, you old strauchdieb!´

:)

Hey back Heiny! :)

Even if you don't like the group you still have agree that what they've done here is kick ass.

they do nothing for me but yeah instead of complaining about piracy or sueing people´s ass off for illegally downloading music their approach of releasing new albums via pirate bay and give away tons of live footage is smart. obviously there are musicians out there that embrace those new technologies and use them to spread their art.

...oh and i like this one nin song that boon likes to put into menues his menues...

:)

I usually don't like concerts edited with multiple footages from different shows (specialy when there are switches inside each songs). It takes away the magic of the moment. I don't mind watching a video of one song edited like that, but not an entire concert.

...oh and i like this one nin song that boon likes to put into menues his menues...

everyday is exactly the same?
good song!

Unless you absolutely hate NIN you should check out the album "the slip" its the most rock based NIN I have heard in... forever! Its quite good.

heres a taste -

[youtube:16r2zxhf]

TMBTM said:
I usually don't like concerts edited with multiple footages from different shows (specialy when there are switches inside each songs). It takes away the magic of the moment. I don't mind watching a video of one song edited like that, but not an entire concert.

This footage was originally intended to be used for an official live dvd that would represent the tour, not just one show. Unfortunately the record labels that still own rights to the older songs were giving them trouble so they just gave all the footage away. This is really a big "FU!" to them as well as a cool gift for fans. So now you can put together the individual performances if you that's what you like or you pick what you believe are the best parts of all three to try and get a best of the tour performance.

elbarto1 said:

everyday is exactly the same?
good song!

Unless you absolutely hate NIN you should check out the album "the slip" its the most rock based NIN I have heard in... forever! Its quite good.

i like that. thanks again dude. i will check out this album because usually my checking out nin always had this ´jeez when does anything happen here´ moment to it.

btw: i listen to this awesome Torche album over and over again. my wife already stopped the eye-rolling and started the ´now, seriously´ tone on me. it´s awesome!

in germany we would call that ´fetten dicke hose rock!´

...or maybe just me would call it like that. anyway: it´s awesome...

my wife already stopped the eye-rolling and started the ´now, seriously´ tone on me.

I get that look alot when I listen to Motley Crue and Megadeth too much :)

I'm glad you like the Torche record it's always nice to share good music w/ others.

elbarto1 said:
I get that look alot when I listen to Motley Crue and Megadeth too much :)

rofl. dude! she´s totally right there!

´what do you mean i don´t believe in god? - talk to´im every day!´

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom