• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Night of Samhain, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A mash-up that really works. The themes present in each film really work well together. The cult(s)'s plan seems more elaborate and fleshed out than in their respective individual movies. The strongest point, to me, is that so much fat is trimmed from each film that you're left with a much more exciting version of each. There's never a dull moment. One minor grips is that it still sort of feels like tossing back and forth between two films. I believe absolutely everything that could be done to make them logically run parallel was done, but in a proper film it seems like the protagonists would have run into each other at some point since they seem so close at times. And the way Loomis runs back into what should be a burning building at the end didn't work for me. But again, minor gripes and the way the ending is combined was great as well.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom