• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

NFL Football

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Didnt watch what i hear was a snoozefest...saw the final score. Let's just say I'm not Patriot(ic)...

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It seems a lot of people hated the half time show.   Since rock and rap and such is not my style so I never like the halftime show.    Therefore, I can't really judge these halftime shows for myself.  So why is this one considered worse than others?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Probably because Maroon 5.

I did dishes during it.

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maroon  5 is the name of the band, right? 

Are you saying they are a bad band?

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Because there was a huge fake out that misled everyone. 

Before this year's superbowl, people petitioned to have Sweet Victory, a song from SpongeBob, play during the halftime show, in honor of Stephen Hillenberg and his recent passing. I'm pretty sure they ended up agreeing to it. Come the actual show though, they showed a two second clip of the start of the song, and then the band preceded to play some other random music. And then from what I've gathered by people on Twitter, yes the band is already poorly regarded.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
Because there was a huge fake out that misled everyone. 

Before this year's superbowl, people petitioned to have Sweet Victory, a song from SpongeBob, play during the halftime show, in honor of Stephen Hillenberg and his recent passing. I'm pretty sure they ended up agreeing to it. Come the actual show though, they showed a two second clip of the start of the song, and then the band preceded to play some other random music.

What. Is this for real?

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know almost nothing about SpongeBob and I have never heard of this song called "Sweet Victory".   Shows you what I know.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's a legitimately good song and super out of place for the show, and thus it's iconic and memorable, and I feel it was plenty deserving to be preformed last night. At the very least, they didn't have to tease it and fake us out. 
Here's the full song, which I had no idea had a full version, because the cartoon only uses about a minute of this. 

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I guess I don't understand why there's a reason to honor a cartoon creator at the Super Bowl.

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I guess because it was a popular show (although I never watched it), and the creator had recently passed away?

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Which has nothing to do with the Super Bowl.  Famous people die all the time.

It's just weird.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The show is iconic, almost any young adult, teen, child, and probably some other demographics are familiar with it, and its 20th anniversary is coming soon. Not to mention, the creator died to ALS, a disease that, at least a couple years ago, people were all for raising awareness for. So I can sorta see reasoning for him to be honored during the most viewed event. But I do see where you're coming from, it is sorta fundamentally random. I'm just looking at it like, they went out of there way to tease it, as well as show a glimpse of it in the actual show, it would've been nice if they followed through.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Warbler said:
In any event football and London go together about as well as Mustard and peanut butter.

Now that is funny! Laughed so hard I had tears.

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Someone has to explain to me why (in an era when the league is supposedly wants to prevent concussions and is obsessed with throwing flags and fining players for leading with the helmet, spearing, and helmet to helmet contact) the Clowney hit on Carson Wentz wasn’t flagged and Clowney goes unfined.

A big F.U. to Clowney for his comments saying that there might be death threats and that Eagle fans are “the worst fans in the world”. Bleep you, you jerk.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Officials miss calls all the time.  That explains why it wasn't flagged.  But yes it should have.  And yes, he should be fined.  I don't know what the time frame is for that, maybe it's still coming.

But Clowney's probably right.  Football fans like to issue death threats over meaningless shit like this.  Also any fans that are so bad as to have required a jail in the stadium probably are at least in the running for the worst fans, so he kinda has a point there.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Warbler said:

My phone calender just informed me that today is the anniversary of when Warbler lol'd at Neglify's joke.

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
Officials miss calls all the time.  That explains why it wasn't flagged.  But yes it should have.  And yes, he should be fined.  I don't know what the time frame is for that, maybe it's still coming.

If it had been Tom Brady he had it, I guarantee you he would have been penalized and probably suspended by now.  NBC blew it too.  They said nothing about the refs missing the call, they didn't even say anything about it until Wentz was leaving the field.    
TVs Frink said:
But Clowney's probably right.  Football fans like to issue death threats over meaningless shit like this.  Also any fans that are so bad as to have required a jail in the stadium probably are at least in the running for the worst fans, so he kinda has a point there.

That is bs.   Fans behave badly at all stadiums.    It is a stupid stereotype of Philadelphia fans.    You want real bad fan behavior?  Look at European soccer fans.   They refer to them as hooligans.   Eagles fans bad behavior doesn't come anywhere near close to the hooliganism of European soccer fans.  While the Vet did have a jail, the Linc does not.   I think there were two incidents of Giant fans actually dying in LA.  But does anybody talk about how bad the Dodger fans are? Nope.   The incident of booing Santa was over 50 years ago.  But that is still the label we are stuck with.   But there are other ways to measure fan bases.  Such as how passionate they are and how well they travel.   Philadelphia fans are known to take over the stadiums of other teams and they are very passionate.    Finally, how bout start talking about death threats if and when they happen, not before.    

I think Clowney is jerk and an a-hole, for first knocking out our Quarterback in a playoff game (when he knows he is not supposed to lead with the helmet or make helmet to helmet contact) which many are saying was deliberate and then having the nerve to talk trash about our fan base. f___ him.  The next time he is in Philly, he will get booed mercilessly.

Top Bottom