• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

NFL Football

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Warbler said:
Not sure why it seems weird to you.  People in my area are passionate when it comes to the Eagles.

There's passion and then there's letting it run (ruin?) your life.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hooray, warbler finally lol'd at one of my jokes.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yesterday will be a day long remembered.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I will mark it in my calendar for next year, then I'll bring it up and no one will remember, and I'll seem crazy, but I won't care.

Edit: It's set
Capture_2019-01-08-11-53-36.png

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Everybody around here was bummed out that the Ravens lost this past weekend. I stopped watching football a few years ago but still feel something for my old team so I felt bad for the people in my office. Then one of them pulled out some old pictures including a playoff game from five years ago with Ray Rice. One coworker said "this was back when it was okay to like him" and someone replied "you still can - as long as you're not a woman" and I went right back to remembering why I stopped caring/watching the team/football.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I feel like if more video existed, the NFL would be down about 10 full teams worth of players.

With that said I still watch football.  Kinda like how I still eat meat even though I know how it goes from alive to delicious.  I'm a weak person, I like my vices.

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't think it makes you weak.   I agree the NFL should have done more about Ray Rice and others that have hit women and done other bad things.  Hey,  I once stopped being an Eagles fan for awhile while the dog murderer was on the team.   But still, not all the players are criminals or women beaters or dog murderers or what not.   Some do a lot of good for their communities and what not.

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frink,

Btw, in Philly, we are dubbing the missed field goal, "double doink"

Personally, I think it should be called "no senior!", after how our Spanish Announcer Ricky Ricardo  called it:

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
and the Eagles lost.  *sigh*  :(   Oh well.  At least they didn't play as badly as they did when they played the Saints earlier this season.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
They played better than any of the other three losing teams, against probably the best team in the league, if that's any comfort.

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It is, but I think the Patriots would disagree with you calling the Saints the best team in the league.   Probably the Rams and Kansas City would disagree with you too.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well I said probably, and the Saints had a better record than everyone else other than tying with the Rams, who they beat head-to-head.  For what it's worth.

We'll see what the Pats do in KC but they were not very good this year, last week being the exception.

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Pats, Tom Brady, and Bill Bilicheck are still the Pats, Tom Brady, and Bill Bilicheck.  I suspect Anyd Reid will find a way to blow the game again them.  I think it will be the Saints vs the Pats in the Superbowl.   I would not bet against the Pats in the Superbowl.

Top Bottom