• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

NFL Football

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
I heard that The Patriots lost last night, so I'm upset for the sake of my grandmother and uncle.

I think they've enjoyed plenty of wins, including Super Bowls, to assume they're going to be ok.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Warbler said:
I would also confiscate all their Superbowl rings

How soon we move on, eh?

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
jrWHAG42 said:
I heard that The Patriots lost last night, so I'm upset for the sake of my grandmother and uncle.

I think they've enjoyed plenty of wins, including Super Bowls, to assume they're going to be ok.

The thing is, we're talking about Football fans, so every time their team loses it's tragic and they won't be ok.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm a Cubs fan.  They went over 100 years without winning a World Series.  I think Patriot fans can handle falling to 7-3 on the season.

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
Warbler said:
I would also confiscate all their Superbowl rings

How soon we move on, eh?

This is the third consecutive home loss and they lost to the Cowboys.  

They haven’t been playing anywhere near as well as they should all year so far.   Last year they were Superbowl Champs, now they will be lucky to make the playoffs.  

Right now the Eagles are like Rocky in Rocky III, before Adrian screemed at him.  They should be ashamed of their performance so far this season.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
I'm a Cubs fan.  They went over 100 years without winning a World Series.  I think Patriot fans can handle falling to 7-3 on the season.

Hey I’m a Cubs fan too.  

Snapped this photo at lunch yesterday on the Oregon Coast. 

A6-D82771-254-A-48-B3-9-C76-9-B772-B64-FA8-D.jpg

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I would now like to talked the Eagles outing today with the Saint ...

WHAT THE F___?!

48 to 7?!?!!

What the hell is wrong with you guys?!?!  Where the f___ is the team from last year?!?!  WHAT HAPPENED!?!!  The Saints made fools out of you!  The Saints owned you today! The Saints basically did to you what Bane did to Batman in Knightfall! The whole team should be ashamed of themselves!  I don’t know what else to say! Boooooooooo!!!!!!!

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, I’m pissed.  The Eagles got humiliated today.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I despise the Eagles but they have a metric shit ton of injuries.

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That is no excuse for playing as bad as they did today and throughout this season.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Warbler said:
I would now like to talked the Eagles outing today with the Saint ...

WHAT THE F___?!

48 to 7?!?!!

What the hell is wrong with you guys?!?!  Where the f___ is the team from last year?!?!  WHAT HAPPENED!?!!  The Saints made fools out of you!  The Saints owned you today! The Saints basically did to you what Bane did to Batman in Knightfall! The whole team should be ashamed of themselves!  I don’t know what else to say! Boooooooooo!!!!!!!

I removed your shout-font.

Also, the Saints might be the best team in the league, so this wasn't totally unexpected.

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
Also, the Saints might be the best team in the league, so this wasn't totally unexpected.

I expected to lose.  I didn’t expect the Eagles to humiliate themselves.  I didn’t expect Wenzt to be THAT bad.  I didn’t expect them to lose by 41 points. Finally, I didn’t expect them to be 4-6 at this point in the season.

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
Warbler said:
That is no excuse for playing as bad as they did today and throughout this season.

Actually it is.

Actually its not.  It is one thing to lose it is another to lose by 41 points.  Also, we had injuries last year.  Finally this team has lost multiple times this year to inferior teams.  This team has lost their heart, fire, eye of the tiger, and mojo.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Warbler said:
Moe_Syzlak said:
Warbler said:

Actually it is.

Actually its not.  It is one thing to lose it is another to lose by 41 points.  Also, we had injuries last year.  Finally this team has lost multiple times this year to inferior teams.  This team has lost their heart, fire, eye of the tiger, and mojo.

Your team last year caught lightning in a bottle. It’s rare for a team to lose a starting QB and still win the SB. But injuries effect more than just next man up. There’s a chemistry at play. And the Eagles have no more right to win that game yesterday than the Saints did. If it was last year the Saints get crushed. They are different teams this year and the Saints are a lot better. And the Eagles are a lot worse, partly due to injuries. If you’re going to lose your shit because your team isn’t going to win back-to-back Super Bowls, sports fandom may not be the best thing for your psyche.

Warbler

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This isn’t about the Eagles having some sort of right to win yesterday’s game.  This isn’t about the Eagles not winning back to back Superbowls.   I could easily accept the Eagles not winning the Superbowl this year.  I could easily accept the Eagles losing yesterday’s game.  Here is what I can’t accept:

The Eagles getting totally humiliated yesterday.

The Eagles getting killed 48-7 (btw, that is the worst margin of defeat for team that was Superbowl  Champion the previous year in NFL history)

The Eagles being 4-6 (They should at least be 6-4 at this point)

The Eagles looking like they won’t even make the playoffs.

The Eagles playing so badly yesterday and throughout the this season.

The lack of effort and no fire or heart.

That is what I can’t accept.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have nothing to add but this: 

DnO8WEUU4AIflSk.jpg

Top Bottom