• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

New Shows

Well that's season two of Dark finished just in time for season three which starts tomorrow.

Malthus said:
Well that's season two of Dark finished just in time for season three which starts tomorrow.

I love Dark. I think I’m going to rewatch seasons 1 and 2 before moving on to three now that my German is better.

As the parent of a three year old I am always on the lookout for quality, wholesale TV shows. Yesterday my daughter asked to watch a new show so I decided to give Amazon Prime's Tumble Leaf a go and I was thoroughly impressed, as was my daughter. Both she and I strongly recommend it.

Set in a charming Wes Anderson-esque world each 20 minute episode is split into two stand alone stories. There are 4 seasons available on prime each with 13 episodes so that's a whopping 104 new adventures awaiting you and your little ones.

Malthus said:
As the parent of a three year old I am always on the lookout for quality, wholesale TV shows. Yesterday my daughter asked to watch a new show so I decided to give Amazon Prime's Tumble Leaf a go and I was thoroughly impressed, as was my daughter. Both she and I strongly recommend it.

Set in a charming Wes Anderson-esque world each 20 minute episode is split into two stand alone stories. There are 4 seasons available on prime each with 13 episodes so that's a whopping 104 new adventures awaiting you and your little ones.

My kids loved that show when they were younger. On a related note, they are currently loving Hilda on Netflix. At nearly eight years old it’s getting harder to get them to choose quality shows over YouTube Minecraft videos. So I’m happy they’re watching this show right now.

Moe_Syzlak said:
My kids loved that show when they were younger. On a related note, they are currently loving Hilda on Netflix. At nearly eight years old it’s getting harder to get them to choose quality shows over YouTube Minecraft videos. So I’m happy they’re watching this show right now.

Yes! I started watching Hilda after I finished Steven Universe. I really enjoyed it and I'm very much looking forward to sharing it with daughter when she was older along with Steven Universe.

Moe_Syzlak said:
Malthus said:

I love Dark. I think I’m going to rewatch seasons 1 and 2 before moving on to three now that my German is better.

Impatience got the better of me. I finished season three and the show last night. This is definitely up there with Primer as the most complex time travel story I’ve ever seen. I’m sure there are parts I still don’t understand but I’m definitely going to rewatch the whole series. As it concluded I felt myself thinking of Lost. I enjoyed the mystery of that show, but mostly I appreciated the character studies set against what was ultimately simply a MacGuffin. Dark is kind of the opposite. It’s light on real character development but I’d be surprised if the show wasn’t entirely mapped out prior to preproduction. Yes, it can be difficult to follow. There are multiple versions of the numerous characters from different timelines (and ultimately different dimensions) all interacting. But the cast is so good and the way they act and look so similar across timelines that it really aids in distinguishing who is who. Not everything works. There are times where it feels like the show is simply doing housekeeping to tie up loose ends and/or make sure the audience has the required information. And I definitely think the show could’ve been expanded to give more time for the characters to breathe and grow. But overall this was one of the best thriller shows I’ve ever seen. Highly recommended.

I haven't started Season 3 yet, but I also really like the show. For the most part they did a good job casting the different ages of the characters, but there were a couple that really threw me off; namely
young Noah has a much longer face than the older version
Noah.jpg

and while young/adult Jonas are a good match, the elderly "Adam" is not at all.
dark-news.jpg

asterixsmeagol said:
I haven't started Season 3 yet, but I also really like the show. For the most part they did a good job casting the different ages of the characters, but there were a couple that really threw me off; namely
young Noah has a much longer face than the older version
Noah.jpg

and while young/adult Jonas are a good match, the elderly "Adam" is not at all.
dark-news.jpg

I thought the Noah’s looked enough alike. For Adam, he’s scarred. Obviously this is for plot reasons so the audience doesn’t guess his identity too soon. But, unless I’m mistaken, they never really gave a satisfying in-universe reason for it. The prevailing thought is it is a result of too much time travel. But there are other characters like Claudia that travel just as much who don’t have any scarring.

After Googling it, I see people saying his scars are caused by his attempts at time travel at the Tannhaus Machine Shop as implied by when he hurt his hand.

0Oc9V9D.jpg

A Resident Evil TV show might be coming to Netflix

Back
Top Bottom