• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

New Shows

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm on hour four, have no clue what's going on, but I still enjoyed it.

Siliconmaster

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've only played the third Witcher game, but seeing as that takes place many years after the show, I was still learning all of this for the first time. All I had to base my viewing on was some of the names of the locations and vague knowledge of the broad kingdoms (without any clue what the political situation is at the time period of the show). And I'm loving it. We're almost done with the season, but so far I'm legitimately blown away by how well it appears to match the tone of what I'm familiar with. I can see how the early episodes might be difficult for those with zero knowledge whatsoever of this world, but overall I'd rate it at least a 4.5/5.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, I've only played about an hour of the third game and never read any of the books, and I thoroughly enjoyed the show. I actually really liked the nonlinear aspect of it, though that seems to be a point of contention for some people.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is anyone else watching The Outsider? We just started watching. I’m not generally a big King fan but so far I’m enjoying this show four episodes in.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah I'm loving "The Outsider". The book was awesome and the show has expanded on it quite nicely.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really liked the first couple episodes of The Outsider. I started getting less interested after a couple more, haven't watched since Episode 5. Reading the later episodes' descriptions, it appears things start to get more interesting again. Maybe I'll get back into it.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone else watch Ozark? I thought the third season was pretty good. The brother character seemed to be a complete ripoff of Six Feet Under’s Billy Chenowith, but I mostly didn’t hate it. His existence in the show seems a bit deus ex machina but the things that did happen were compelling and we’re finally starting to see through the tough exterior of the main characters to see what makes them tick.

ImperialFighter

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I for one loved the hell out of DEVS.

Luckily, I went into it's 8 episode storyline without seeing any trailers, summaries, plot spoilers, etc. whatsoever, and found it an absorbing watch right through to it's conclusion.  Featuring some eerily atmospheric music throughout the episodes, a few WTF? moments, and clinically 'Kubrick'ian camerawork at certain points, I found it a satisfying headtwist right to the end.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ImperialFighter said:
Well, I for one loved the hell out of DEVS.

Luckily, I went into it's 8 episode storyline without seeing any trailers, summaries, plot spoilers, etc. whatsoever, and found it an absorbing watch right through to it's conclusion.  Featuring some eerily atmospheric music throughout the episodes, a few WTF? moments, and clinically 'Kubrick'ian camerawork at certain points, I found it a satisfying headtwist right to the end.

That’s good to hear. I’ve had trouble convincing my wife to try this series out but with Better Call Saul and Ozark ending and Fargo being postponed we don’t have any good series to watch right now.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really liked DEVS too, but
I wasn't a big fan of the "living in the Matrix" ending.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched season 1 of What We Do In The Shadows a couple weeks ago, and watched the first two episodes of season 2 last night. I love this show deeply. I suppose I should watch the movie at some point too.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
I really liked DEVS too, but
I wasn't a big fan of the "living in the Matrix" ending.

I was already sold on not watching the show due to its reviews being boring as heck. That spoiler more than seals the deal. :p

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well the whole thing
doesn't take place in the Matrix, just the last couple of scenes.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I gave Devs a shot. It was... okay. It’s beautiful to look at and never boring as long as you don’t mind a slow burn akin to Blade Runner 2049. But unfortunately many of the central performances just weren’t up to snuff, thus rendering the emotion somewhat inert. I also couldn’t shake the feeling that for all its big ideas, it was just sort of something that appeals to one’s sense of wanting to feel smart by watching it. With the concepts left just enough off screen so as to allow you to think you understand heady concepts (from determinism to tech) when really it’s just window dressing. The mentions of the Matrix (and I agree the ending was a cop out) are apt, but I was more reminded of Inception. I’d say it’s worth the watch (again, so long as you don’t mind a slow burn), but it’s a near miss for me.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I enjoyed both Devs and Westworld Season 3 while watching them, but looking back on both seasons as a whole they fall short of their promise.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just watched the first couple episodes of Snowpiercer and am not impressed at all. It feels like a generic police procedural shoved into the Snowpiercer lore, made with none of the charm of the original movie.

Definitely wouldn't recommend, just re-watch the film instead.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Midnight Gospel

Alternate universes, deviated preversion, philosophy, psychedelia, spirituality — it's like this show was tailor-made for me.

9/10

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I strongly recommend Carnival Row for fans of detective stories, immersive fantasy and social commentary.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finished season three of The Sinner last night. It’s somewhat of a departure from the previous two seasons (though not much) in that the “whydunnit” is mostly revealed pretty early on. Instead the season explores how someone—and I believe it to be explicitly how a man—could allow himself to fall under the spell of another man’s ideas and manipulations. Pullman is good as usual, but the season-specific cast of Bomer, Hecht, and especially Chris Messina are outstanding. A lot of the situations could have become comical in lesser hands. I think this is a very under appreciated series.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Creators of The Witcher video game series CD Projekt are due to release their next video game called Cyberpunk 2077 later this year. It's now been announced that they have partnered with Studio Trigger and Netflix to produce a ten episode anime series set within the same universe called Cyberpunk: Edgerunner

Top Bottom