• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

New possible fanediting technology..

Mr. Wolf

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is my first post in the forums and I hope I'm placing it in an appropriate place. I just saw this and being the fanediting fanatic that I am, immediately thought of how incredibly powerful this could be for edits. All the lip movements where new dialogue has been inserted in War of the Stars Part 2 for example could be fixed to a near perfect point. Might be a year or two before this stuff hits the home market but if it's true you can do it with just a web cam... wow.

http://www.sciencealert.com/watch-t...trol-what-donald-trump-and-vladamir-putin-say

MysterFixIt

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's amazing!  :) 

It's called "Face2Face" - this video explains how it works:

I think some of the comments are right concerning potential misuse, but the video description does state that their efforts[font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif] [/font]"include the detection of edits in video footage in order to verify a clip’s authenticity." So hopefully this will eventually come to market (I think it would be fun not just for fanediting but online rpgs, too!)

Here is their project site: http://www.graphics.stanford.edu/~niessner/thies2016face.html

Smithers

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Saw this not too long ago. Hopefully we can get our hands on it. If we do, the possibilities will be endless.

Top Bottom