• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

New Elite game on Kickstarter!!

JetSetWilly

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
YES!!! About bloody time! But, another damn kickstarter? Still, if it ends up getting made, I suppose it'll be worth it. I loved Elite II on the Amiga, and spent so much time trading and tee like, until I got destroyed by pirates, but the game was amazing. Never got on with the first though, I must admit. But Frontier was the pinnacle.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why the KS dissing? So far all the KS games are coming along swimmingly and without any publishers to screw up creative content to boot.

KS is definitely the way forward for things like this and also means the artists integrity is not compromised. Win/win if you ask me.

btw already over £226,000 :cheer2:

Could never get on with Frontier or First Encounters; hated the control system and the games were far too buggy to play properly anyway.

Give me old school Arc Elite any day of the week as it is simply the best version ever made (and that's official)

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Apparently there is video and screenshots to come very soon. Also people are talking about Oculus rift support which if it happens I think I might just have to take 2014 off.:pray:

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had Elite for my Spectrum. It came with a plastic lens that you had to place on your TV to get a code to start the game. It was the best of times.

JetSetWilly

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Garp said:
I had Elite for my Spectrum. It came with a plastic lens that you had to place on your TV to get a code to start the game. It was the best of times.

I remember that. I could never get mine working at all, so I gave up and played Dizzy instead :)

@n0m: don't listen to me. I'm just very tired, and don't feel well.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Garp said:

Ahhh yes, the joys, or lack of, of Lenslok. I had a hacked version on my speccy but did experience it with TT Racer, what a palava!

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Woo video and some art work is finally up.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous

Pledges are over £370,000 now!

fce994007179ff0945da3f9c9833aa4e_large.jpg

31c3644eea8fadc88e930978e8280e6c_large.JPG

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
We have actual gameplay footage people, let the rejoicing begin!!

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
New dev diary with multiplayer game footage of a load of pirates (Viper MkII's) attacking some large commercial traders (Anacondas) and being defended by their own convoy ships (Also Viper MkII's).

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Never got into Elite when they gave it away free on the cover of Amstrad Action issue 100. Never got into Frontier even when I used my brother's savegame which had the best ship in the game with many guns & shields.

And the least we say about First Encounters the better.... I dunno I'm not very good at dogfighting so games like Freespace and Hardwar I've steered clear from, last spaceship game I played was Jedi Starfighter and I sucked at that too.

But I've still decided to go ahead and fund this project :)

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frontier and FFE were utter crap for dogfighting and general combat as the whole 'jousting in space' got old very quickly.

What they both excelled at and still excel at is being a galaxy simulator, no other game can you watch a sunrise on Jupiter from IO, do a gravity dive and slingshot your ship around a sun etc.

I just loved exploring and flying around looking at shit. :)

Anyway well done for pledging!

Top Bottom