• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Never Say Mcclory Again

I am unable to find this fanedit, can anyone point me in the right direction?

THANX

did you open that link?

the beyond the ice info is incorrect

corrected. Unfortunately ADM did not send more info about this fanedit.

Anyone looking to re-do some flavor of this movie might want to look around the P2P sites (eMule, or in bittorrent at the HDBits, Bit-HDTV, etc. sites.)

There is a nice 720p version (with DD 5.1 audio) of the film that would make a much better source to work with.

I myself am a professional musician (mostly classical) and a big Star Wars and Bond - fan since I was a kid. I was looking forward to see this edit and was slightly dissapointed for several reasons:

1. I understand how much effort one has to make to operate with this limited resources (original material and home-made grafics). Unfortunately, that's visible.
2. For a true Bond - Fan watching this movie hardly represents a "movie" but a celebration of a Bond music regardless of it's different styles. That's because this music is wery well known to me from other Bond - movies, therefore I couldn't really enjoy it in this one.
3. I don't think I would be such a big fan of Bond films if music would be used this way in all the rest of them - agressively changing styles and beeing louder than dialogs
4. John Barry is a very sensitive man and composer. He approaches filmmusic with very very high sensibility and gets to accompain scenes in their very core of their feel trough creating very special, weird kind of melodies of unlogical lines which only work for themselves and a scene. Looking at this "bastard" - use of tunes specially tailored for other feels of other pictures I felt like looking at people wearing wrong or unsuatable clothes in wrong occasions. Sometimes cues only partially match the feel of a scene but even then they don't match to a bigger picture feel of a movie (example of perfect matching : a tempo of film Moonraker is completely in flaw with a slow tempo of music and vice versa).
5. I really liked the original song of NSNA. It's matches a style of another slower easygoing Bond - songs. Replacing it with this Bassey - Propellerheads - song doesn't bring us a great new Bond - song. This sounds like some happy comic - song. And miss Bassey is not a great song - maker, she just sings and that's all.
6. Mixing different composers is not a recepy for a good score. That's why movies usually have only one. That makes a movie usually feels that very special certain way. Imagine someone cuts together a movie with scenes of all 6 Bond actors. You would SEE 6 different persons in one role. As a musician, I HEAR X different persons composing.
But nevertheless, a thank to the editor on a great enthusiasm and effort. If not more, it was an interesting expirience.

I really enjoyed this edit. In fact, I would say this is my prefered way of seeing this film.

I also thought the use of the Bassey song was a stroke of genius. If this edit had been released oficially everyone would be calling this choice of theme song a great "in joke".

Hi,

This is off-topic, but I have two TV promo ads on DVDR from the time NSNA was being released into theaters. I dunno if these have ever seen the light of day on any format, but I'm willing to pass them onto anyone who wants them. 8)

by Blofelds Cat
What is it about? This infuses "Never Say Never Again" with the soul of the Eon OO7.

tagline: Eon-ising of a renegade bond film

original film name: Never Say Never Again
new film name : Never Say Mcclory Again
film studio name : Sony Pictures
Date Original Film Was Released : 1983
Date Edit Was Released : 2004
Original Runtime : 128mins
New Runtime : 122mins
Amount of time Cut/Added : -6mins

Cuts removed/added/extended :

* Several scenes trimmed;
* Connery gunbarrel added;
* dialogue trimmed;
* score removed, replaced and supplemented.

Fanedit details : Presents "Never Say Never Again" in the style of the 'official' series of OO7 films from Eon by adding familiar Eon motifs such as a gunbarrel opening, pre-title sequence and Binder main titles; also replaces original music score with music drawn from the catalogue of Eon Bond film soundtracks and takes the further step of adding music to previously unscored scenes.

Your intention for this fanedit: To infuse "Never Say Never Again" with the soul of the Eon OO7.

Your way to achieve your intention: Add Eon motifs and musical elements.

Hardware and software information : Avid Xpress Pro NLE; OO7 movie soundtracks; Hollywood Edge Sound Effect collection; Canopus Procoder.

Time needed for the edition: approx two years.

persons involved: 1

Additional information links: http://www.ohmss-007.com

IMAGES

3D_nsnase_skizzor01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom