• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Nero Vision 4 Problems

Blair

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello everyone. Back in the summer I downloaded the Trial Version of Nero and I had little trouble with it. Once that ran out I tried other freeware but I had hassles with them all so once I saved enough money I made the plunge and got Nero 7 Enhanced, which is a purchase I made a few days ago. I mainly wanted to use it for its Nero Vision program, so that I could burn .avi's and other similar video files from torrents onto DVD. I used it often during its trial period and everytime I burned something with it, there were no problems with the video or audio. It was perfect.

Now, I've used Nero Express already after purchase to burn two movies from this site onto DVD and I experienced no problems. BUT, with Nero Vision I'm having the same problem and no matter what I do to try and fix it, it keeps on happening.

The problem is that the video I pick (no matter what it is; I've tried a few different videos and with all but one of them it experienced the same error) I burn to DVD; it burns to DVD fine. But, when I go to watch it, the audio is fine but always,, the video runs like it's in slow motion and the video is WAY out of sync with the audio. The video is not smooth like it should be.

The frustrating thing is that one time I burned a movie and it was perfect. Don't ask me what the exact settings were when it happened, as I've messed around with it so much I can't even remember what it was now.

Every other f****** time I always experience the problem of the audio being fine but the video being slow. I've tried everything on my own to fix this. I left the "SmartEncoding" on Automatic, I set it to Enable, and also to Disable. I messed around with the speed at which it's burned. I enabled and disabled the "Burn At Once" feature. I even adjusted the "Sample Rate" from Automatic to Progressive. Everything I do, the issue does not get resolved and it keeps on doing the exact same BS with the video and audio not in sync at all. :-x

I don't want to have to go back to the store to exchange this, as remember I downloaded the trial basis and I never had this problem with Nero Vision. I know it's not a problem with the files I'm trying to burn as all of them are fine when I play them on Windows Media Player.

I'm just about at my wits end with this as I'm completely frazzled and enraged at all the time and discs that have been wasted due to me trying to fix this problem on my own, with no success. I tried to explain this as best and as detailed as I could. Do I have to try and reinstall the whole problem? IS there a way to fix this, or am I totally SOL on this and I wasted over 100 bucks when I should have bought something better instead? This should not be the case as a program which costs so much should not keep on giving me such a blatantly bad disc no matter what I do to try and adjust it.

Anyone who can help would be a Godsend and I'd be happy almost to the point of tears if someone could explain step by step how I can fix this and in the future, no matter what I burn with Nero Vision, the audio AND video are perfect.

I don't have much experience with Nero 7 - I used to use Nero 6, but I recently upgraded to Nero 8 ULTRA in order to use Nero Vision 5 (to create more complicated DVD menus for several of the FanEdit projects I'm working on).
What type of system are you working?

I have had issues with Nero 7 at times, but I am not sure what is going on for you. I havent had anything like that.

I hadnt realized Nero 8 was out. I hope they fixed a BUNCH of shit.

After inviting a friend over to my place to try and assist me in this problem, we determined that the problem was with my computer, not Nero. I took it in to get the "issue" fixed and now everything is hunky-dory. I am someone who has the updated virus scans and spyware scanners, and yet an "issue" still happened. Oh well, at least it's not a problem now.

Back
Top Bottom