• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Neil Young

G

I will use this thread as a means of keping any and all up to date on Neil.

Last Tuesday Neil released the first volume of the Neil Young Archives:

Live at the Fillmore East 1970. This is the original line up of Crazy Horse and one of the few shows they did before Danny Whittten died of a drug overdose after being fired by Neil for his drug problem.

Rolling Stone Review 4 out of 5 stars:

For Neil Young, 1970 proved to be a particularly busy year. In addition to touring the world as a solo acoustic act and with Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, as well as recording two pivotal albums (After the Gold Rush and Deja Vu), he managed to squeeze in a few gigs with Crazy Horse. Six of the best takes from two torrid shows at the Fillmore East on March 6th and 7th are available on this CD, which is the first-ever archival release from Young's bulging vault. Epic jams on "Down by the River" (twelve minutes long) and "Cowgirl in the Sand" (sixteen minutes) are highlights of the disc, which also contains "Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere," "Winterlong" and "Wonderin.' ?The guitar interplay between Young and original Crazy Horse guitarist Danny Whitten is breathtakingly sharp; Young has played with countless other guitarists since Whitten died in 1972, but nobody has come close to matching his ragged-glory style.

I just listened to a Neil Young bootleg Recorded on December 10th, 1989 at Muziektheater Stopera in Amsterdam.

Phaqin awesome. Its a soundboard recording and Neil is at his best.

Its on Demonoid for those that may be interested.

Had to be saved

8)

I really miss Rotten Johnny around here...

you sure sound like RJ with all that N. Young talk and that but you look different and you have a weird name...

did I tell you that my ex- not shaving any part of her body- not being anything near to a woman- boss liked neil young?

6za87r.jpg

NTSC/192 kps 2.0 dolby digital

# Additional scenes include the following:

* A lengthy scene in a Surubaya bar showing Prescott drugging a Petrox crewman.
* A scene of Joe & Boan playing cards & being interrupted by a Captain Ross on the loudspeaker calling all hands to assemble in the mess room. Boan wisecracking about Petrox bought by Howard Hughes & working for the CIA.
* A scene of a Mexican crew member named Garcia spying on Dwan while she's showering,ends with Jack tossing Garcia overboard with a life preserver.
* A scene showing the crew watching an old movie on TV. Roy Bagley observing the oil-like substance under a microscope, he swigs some wine & calls for a boat to take him ashore.
* Longer battle between Kong & the gigantic snake,ends with an alternate and less gory take of Kong killing the snake & beating his chest.
* Extra footage of Kong breaking through the wall.
* Before Jack enters Dwan's dressing room he is confronted by a security guard.
* Additional dialogue between Dwan & Wilson.
* During Kong's rampage a Petrox head executive tells Wilson he's fired.
* After Kong steps on Wilson,the camera pulls back to reveal that all that's left in Kong's footprint is Wilson's hat.
* A scene of Dwan & Jack talking & running down a street trying to hot-wire a Chevrolet Corvette.
* A scene of a car running in front of Kong, Kong picks it up (the car used was a 1974 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham) & throws it against a building, where it explodes.

# The three hour, two-part television version also includes:

* A longer scene of Kong attacking the elevated train.
* A longer scene of Kong hiding from search helicopters at the East River waterfront.
* -Additional dialogue between Jack and Dwan in the bar.
* -Two brief, additional clips of the military gaurding the Queensboro Bridge.
* -An alternate, extended scene of Kong destroying the power station.
* -A longer scene of the City Official concurring with military advisors at City Hall, including a general telling the official they don't have time to get Prescott's head examined, and another advisor telling the official that standing around won't get him votes.
* Extended scene of Kong peering in the window at Dwan in the bar.
* A short scene of a military official ordering jet fighters to be aborted and choppers sent in instead.
* A scene of Jack stealing a discarded ten-speed bike and racing after Kong down a New York street.
* Three short clips of Kong lumbering down Wall Street with Dwan in hand.
* A brief clip of the helicopter gunships taking off.
* An extended scene of Kong climbing the World Trade Center and pausing to rest a moment about halfway up.

aujwk2.jpg

so90s4.jpg

11jss5g.jpg

25kq991.jpg

Just saw Neil Young and Crazy Horse two days ago. Front row, as always.

Setlist for what it worths...

2013-07-15, Vienne Antique, Vienne, France
w/ Crazy Horse
1. Love And Only Love
2. Powderfinger
3. Psychedelic Pill
4. Walk Like A Giant
5. Hole In The Sky
6. Red Sun
7. Heart Of Gold
8. Blowin' In The Wind
9. Singer Without A Song
10. Ramada Inn
11. Sedan Delivery
12. Surfer Joe And Moe The Sleaze
13. Mr. Soul
14. Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black)
---
15. F*!#in' Up

Forum Necromancy is strong in this one.

If you ask me, his best work was in War of the Stars.

Back
Top Bottom