- Reaction score
- Trophy Points
SAN FRANCISCO DAZE
a story about drugs, love and
the pursuit of nothingness
This past summer I had the opportunity to spend some time in the woods with my best friend. My aunt passed away last year—Rest In Peace Rhonda, you were a great soul, much love forever—and I was surprised to find out that she left me a small sum of money. It was my aunt's desire that I pursue my goal of becoming a writer. So that's what I did.
Over the course of three months in the Northern California pines I wrote a book about my life. I kinda tried to write “Fear and Loathing in San Francisco” from my weirdo point of view. I wanted the book to be chock full of Neglify, not just some collection of goofy stories. After reading this you will know so much more about me than you ever thought you wanted to know. Hopefully other people will be able to decipher all of my gibberish.
I was able to complete a first draft before I had to return to San Francisco, and I've spent the last four months working on revisions. It's still “not quite there just yet” but I'm to the point where I need feedback and criticisms and reactions. Basically I need to send out a preview copy to my peeps, a beta release if you will.
This forum has been my virtual rec center for eight years now and I wanted to share this with y'all exclusively, because this is where friends are. I'm also sending it out to some IRL friends in the hopes to get more feedback. Books and novels are very easy to self-publish these days but I don't want to rush this out the door and make myself look like a complete imbecile. There are things in this book that I'm still unhappy with, but I can't torture myself forever.
Basically what I'm saying is that I need people to read it and tell me what sucks and what works. I'm not looking for golden praise, I'm looking to improve my craft. And I'm trying to make people laugh and think.
To anybody that does read this: THANK YOU. Leave your comments in the thread, or send me a private message, please let me know what you thought of my humorous ramblings.
Download the book for free at my blogspot, click Here.
Current format is PDF, future upgrades to come.
Not Safe For Work!!!
Graphic language, adult situations, true shit, and reckless substance abuse.
Page count: 298
Genre: Gonzo BiographicalTagline: Take a little trip through Fog City. Life Seems Different here.
A year in the life of an outcast, wandering through the sands of time in San Francisco. Ain't got no money to spend, ain't hustling nothing, surrounded by friends and good vibrations. There comes a knocking on the door, an unexpected force sweeps you up, that sweet pain you forgot existed. Love is one hell of a drug. Gotta be careful with that little devil, you'll be cuckoo for cocoa puffs even though you prefer fruity pebbles, and it doesn't matter anyway, the milk has gone sour. It's all cool. Don't even trip dawg. Come out to the beach and smoke a joint with the white garbage.
If anybody wants to take a stab at a better summary, by all means...
Music playlist on Youtube, click Here.
Track listing -
1. San Francisco Days – Chris Isaak
2. The Joker – Steve Miller Band
3. Ain't Gonna Rain Anymore – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
4. Good Vibrations – The Beach Boys
5. The Man Who Sold The World – David Bowie
6. Remember The Time – Michael Jackson
7. Everything In Its Right Place – Radiohead
8. Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen
9. What I Got – Sublime
10. 7 - Prince
11. Bowl For Two – The Expendables
12. Evil Morty's Theme (Trap Mix) – Rick & Morty Soundtrack
13. Good Friends And A Bottle Of Pills – Pantera
14. Swimming Pools (Drank) – Kendrick Lamar
15. All-Star – Smash Mouth
16. Billy Jean – Michael Jackson
17. True Love Waits (Live) - Radiohead
18. Paint It Black – The Rolling Stones
19. i wrote this song 4 u – LiL BO WEEP
20. Blood On The Dancefloor – Michael Jackson
21. HUMBLE. – Kendrick Lamar
22. Where Did You Sleep Last Night – Nirvana
23. The Package – A Perfect Circle
24. Saw Red (Acoustic) – Sublime
25. I Let Love In – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
26. Heartless – Kanye West
27. Lonely Day – System Of A Down
28. Nasty Girl – Vanity 6
29. New Song – Sublime
30. Flyentology – El-P
31. Aenema – Tool
32. Across The Universe – Fiona Apple
Thank You to:
1. Myself2. Everyone Else