• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Needful Things Extended Tv Cut

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This just popped up somewhere on the interweb with no information about who created it or when it was made other than it's the theatrical DVD with all the TV footage added back in.

Ring any bells?

I haven't heard about the composite, but the tv cut runs 68 minutes longer than the theatrical cut.

I'll grab it, I loved the book but as with most SK movie/telly adaptations it wasn't the best. Hopefully an extra hours worth of footage will make a difference.

I've long been wishing for an official release like the Halloween TV cut...one that has all the extra footage but none of the censorship. One of the biggest disappointments of the TV Needful Things is all the horrible cuts and language substitutions. A composite would come closer, but still no way of "fixing" the censored extra footage.

Appears that TV cut is finally getting a nice bluray release on july 25, 2023. Having read the book, this extended version I saw only once on TBS decades ago and it dives much deeper into the characters and plot....
Only issue - like Waterworld's TV Cut - while the extra footage was added, the violence and language was edited OUT for TV. NOT SURE what will happen when the TV Cut of Needful Things is released...but then again...the Theatrical version was not that gory and contained harsh language, so maybe it will be fine!

Back
Top Bottom