• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Need some good tutorials for Cutting out people?

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I super new to after effects. Let's just make sure that's clear. Now what I'm trying to do is to have Superman fight a shark in a tornado. I am mixing footage from Smallville and Sharknado.

Now putting the sharks in the tornado isn't a problem, I can do simple blending. But to get Tom Welling fighting in the toranado I need to cut him out of some shots of him with city backgrounds and stuff. I've done this stuff frame by frame using a Matte in photoshop before, But I figure there has to be an easier way to do it in after effects. I've seen people do whole bodies change color and I'm pretty sure they aren't painting each frame by hand.

Most of the tutorials I've seen are for text and animation not actual special effects. I figured you guys might know some good ones.

???

Rotoscoping is what it sounds like you want. After Effects has a tool called the Rotobrush. Here is an introduction:

Back
Top Bottom