• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Need Help?

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[MENTION=15015]Fanedit[/MENTION] , I had a similar problem with handbrake and mkvs.. the audio was always quite low for some reason in the final mp4 (Thunderball had this issue). In the end I gave up and used Freemake video converter. I used highest render settings, and did a few tests. Very good audio and video results.

Linten1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sony Movie Studio 12 Platinum

Having problems with WAV file skipping.

The file was playing fine a few days ago. Plays fine today in MPC.

Followed suggestion on Vegas forums and a few other sites. Nothing seems to work. Suggestions?

Linten1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've played with this a bit more. Somehow Sony Movie Studio is adding gaps in my WAV files when I import them. Anyone know how to stop this from happening?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have no idea why that would occur with an uncompressed file. Similar issues have happened with compressed video files, but I've not heard of this problem. I know [MENTION=6348]TV's Frink[/MENTION] uses Studio, maybe he has encountered something like this?

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Linten1, is this the DTS mono core that I decoded to WAV for you or another file?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
I know TV's Frink uses Studio, maybe he has encountered something like this?

Nope, never run into this. But I've never used DTS either, if that's what we're talking about.

Linten1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, it's the DTS Mono to WAV. Then when I import the WAV file to Sony Movie Studio it adds gaps to the audio. But hold onto your shoes. It's not just the DTS Mono to WAV file it's any WAV file. Other formats work fine with no gaps in audio file.

I think I found the problem. I updated my K-Lite Codec pack a few days back. Forums from 2010 suggest that using K-Lite causes the Sony codecs to be overwritten causing irrevocable damage to Windows, thus a complete re-install of Windows is required. However some people say that does not work either. Further those post are from 2010. Thats light years for computer information and those responses may not be valid anymore.

I've uninstalled all codecs, uninstalled Sony Movie Studio then re-installed Movie Studio. I still get the gaps in all WAV audio.

So in the middle of this reply I decided to try something else. I keep all my project on a 3TB External HD. I moved the WAV file to my main HD that has Movie Studio on it. Dropped the WAV into Movie Studio and...No Gaps.

There must be some kind of communication error between the External HD and Sony Movie Studio. This is causing the gaps to be created in the WAV file when importing them to the Movie Studio.

Hrm....what to do now?

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Both Vegas Pro 12 and Movie Studio 11 import that WAV without gaps, so that confirms that it's not the file. As for the hard drive, I don't know what to suggest. Do you have another? The next logical step is to determine if the problem occurs with one external hard drive or all of them. If it's just the one, consider replacing the drive, especially if it's still under warranty.

Linten1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There are two problems.

1) This is the replacement HD for the one I broke a few weeks ago.

2) The HD is USB 3.0 and some people on google have complained about USB 3.0 not talking to Sony Movie maker properly.

But on the upside. Movie Maker is working again with out any problems. I'm just going to keep the Audio Files on my Main HD and the Video Files on the External HD.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Linten1 said:
TI'm just going to keep the Audio Files on my Main HD and the Video Files on the External HD.

As long as you have no problems with video, that sounds like a sensible solution. And USB 3.0 is backwards compatible, so if that is the cause of the problem, you should be able to fall back on USB 2.0.

Linten1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12

My files are: Video avi, and audio 6 mono tracks wav

Problem: What is the best way to bring my elements back together to make a movie?

I've used the Movie Studio "Render" function on a few test runs. They all seem to come out darker or missing some of the audio tracks. And sometimes they are dark and missing audio tracks.

Linten1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Linten1 try this youtube video out. I believe it will do a decent job of walking you through the trouble you have been having.

Linten1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh, Thanks Linten1. That helped out alot. That answered all my questions.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well [MENTION=29061]Linten1[/MENTION] just don't let the voices tell you what to do. That's when it gets gnarly...

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:

Q2 said:

I do believe it was just a tongue-in-cheek way for Mr. Linten1 to share with us that he found a good video to help him out. I got a good chuckle out of it.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I prefer to assume it's a sock or brain problem situation.

Linten1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
I do believe it was just a tongue-in-cheek way for Mr. Linten1 to share with us that he found a good video to help him out. I got a good chuckle out of it.

I was hoping for a response to my original question a few days ago. As I would hope most people do, I continued over the following days to look for a solution. I found one. (fingers crossed, have not looked at the video yet)

I was wanting to keep the video at quick reference for future use and point out my deep deep sadness that was caused by no one responding to my original post.

Plus, make fun of the situation.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Linten1 said:
I was wanting to keep the video at quick reference for future use and point out my deep deep sadness that was caused by no one responding to my original post.

I hope that that is another attempt at humor. Your post was made on August 24. People have busy lives, and just because you don't receive a response within forty-eight hours doesn't mean that you are not going to.

For the video, you can use Vegas' built-in encoder, but you will probably get better quality if you render a lossless AVI and use x264 (for which MeGUI is a popular GUI) if you want to make a BD or HCenc if you want to make a DVD. I assume that you converted to RGB properly before editing. If so, make sure that the lossless AVI that you render from Vegas remains in RGB and that you convert back to YUV properly: failure to do so might well make your video look darker. There are instructions for converting to and from RGB in AviSynth in my guides.

If your version of Vegas has a built-in Dolby Digital encoder, use that for the audio. If not, you can use eac3to (for which see my guide) or Wav to AC3 encoder; both are free.

I can't advise you about DVD Architect because I don't use it. Vegas users will have to help there.

Top Bottom