• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Need Help?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Welcome to the all new Technical Information forum. In this Fanediting Applications section you can find information on all your favorite (and not so favorite) fanediting tools. Some of the most common editors include:

- Womble MPG Video Wizard
- Sony Vegas
- Ulead Media Studio Pro
- Adobe Premiere

If you have a question or a problem, there is a good chance that someone has had the same problem too. So please search the newly organized forums before posting any questions. This will help to avoid asking the same question 100 times.

CampBloodPictures

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi,

I have been trying to edit a movie with a grainy old film look. Every time that I try to render the audio stays normal but the video is very slow. It is a mess and I really need help.

Thanks,

Camp Blood Pictures

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
you have to be much more specific. what software are you using? what type of files are you using? what does "very slow" mean? elaborate please.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
CampBloodPictures said:
I have been trying to edit a movie with a grainy old film look. Every time that I try to render the audio stays normal but the video is very slow. It is a mess and I really need help.

Welcome to the forum! Per the rules you should really start a new thread with a descriptive subject.

Right now no one will be able to offer much help. What program are you using? What is your work flow? There could be any number of reasons for your problem. For better support I'd suggest re-posting your question in it's own thread, a descriptive subject line, and a detailed account of the program you're using, workflow and everything in between.

purplenurple

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, maybe this is a strange, n00b-type question -- especially since I feel like I have a pretty good understanding of Sony Vegas -- but I'm flummoxed here, and it's driving me crazy, so forgive the rudimentary nature of my question:

I'm adding reverb to a snippet of dialogue, and the reverb cuts off abruptly when the clip ends, making the effect noticeable. I'd extend the clip, but there is dialogue I'm trying to excise from the scene. Is there a way that I can make the effect carry on longer than the clip itself?

Seems to me an echo/reverb effect would logically carry through until it died off into silence, but that ain't what I'm getting here -- what am I doing wrong, Vegas gurus?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This won't carry the effect past the clip, but can you just fade to the end of the clip? What about playing around with the clip in Audacity?

purplenurple

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks, Frink -- Audacity is a great idea; I'll see if I can make it work there.

As for fading the end of the clip, unfortunately, the clip in question cuts off more or less between two words of dialogue. There's a beat that allows for the edit, and it'll totally work and sound natural if I can just get a little reverb on the tail end of the line, but there's only a second or so between words. Since there's no room to fade off, the audio sounds like it's skipping ('cause it is, technically), and hence my problem.

But yes! Audacity! I'll be sure to post here once I've tried that. Thanks again!

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, add a reverb to the clip you want in an audio program where it can last longuer. Then re import it in your editor software.

purplenurple

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks, TMBTM -- I guess I had it in my head that Vegas could do something like what I'm trying to do with it, but I think I may have been drunk when I came up with that notion. :p

Thanks for your help, guys!

purplenurple

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yup, that worked brilliantly. Should've known what to do -- I've worked with both Vegas and Audacity pretty extensively -- but for some reason I just could not work out what the problem was!

Thanks again for your help, guys!

naxa

Reaction score
Trophy Points
1) How do you cut the original movie into scenes and "cuts"?

1a) Are you doing it like importing the whole movie into the editor and cut to parts internally and

1a ii. ) manually positioning every part, or

1b) do you do it outside the editor with some other tool (like virtualdub or something better for this task)?

1c) other method?

2) is there a way to save cue sheets for the points where I want the movie to be cut into pieces, like with audio cds - one big image with a cue sheet text file indicating the track start and end positions?

Fanedit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
When loading avi's into Vegas Movie Studio 13, I am only getting a small part of the audio, like about the first five minutes or so? Can anyone help?

Also, converting files from mkv to mp4 in Handbrake isn't working. The file gets built, but it won't play.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This won't help your issue specifically, but I always load audio and video separately into Vegas. You might try that.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
you'll also need to provide more info about the codecs of the streams in your AVI (which is just a container). As Frink suggested though, its good to add audio and video separately.

Fanedit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
you'll also need to provide more info about the codecs of the streams in your AVI (which is just a container). As Frink suggested though, its good to add audio and video separately.

Not sure how I do that. I think I have isolated the problem to a couple of avi's. Found another that worked.

For handbrake, I am trying again after re-downloading the program.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fanedit I'll answer your PM shortly, and hopefully can help you with this current issue.

Top Bottom