• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Need Help?

Captain Khajiit said:
I hope that that is another attempt at humor. Your post was made on August 24. People have busy lives, and just because you don't receive a response within forty-eight hours doesn't mean that you are not going to.

For the video, you can use Vegas' built-in encoder, but you will probably get better quality if you render a lossless AVI and use x264 (for which MeGUI is a popular GUI) if you want to make a BD or HCenc if you want to make a DVD. I assume that you converted to RGB properly before editing. If so, make sure that the lossless AVI that you render from Vegas remains in RGB and that you convert back to YUV properly: failure to do so might well make your video look darker. There are instructions for converting to and from RGB in AviSynth in my guides.

If your version of Vegas has a built-in Dolby Digital encoder, use that for the audio. If not, you can use eac3to (for which see my guide) or Wav to AC3 encoder; both are free.

I can't advise you about DVD Architect because I don't use it. Vegas users will have to help there.
I have busy lives too. The weekend is really my only time to get good editing in. When I didn't get a response I kept looking. The Youtube guide that Linten1 posted was good but the copy still come out rather dark. And portions of Bourne Ultimatum are already dark to begin with. This basically makes the dark sequences un-watchable. Over the next few days or more probably this weekend I will follow your guide. I already looked through your guide and have all the apps. The only thing I can think of is that Sony Movie Maker is downgrading the video when I render it. Before and during editing the AVI looks great. It's only after rendering that the video is made darker.

Linten1 said:
Before and during editing the AVI looks great. It's only after rendering that the video is made darker.

That's what one would expect to see when the difference between PC and TV levels is not taken into account.

So apologies for the thread necro here and double apologies if this is the wrong place for this. So, I'm on a Mac and trying my first attempt to rip a Blu-Ray and get it into Adobe Premiere CC. SSJ was super-helpful via PM, but his method works mainly for Final Cut Pro. And in fact the main headache I'm having is that most Mac fan-editors are also using Final Cut Pro. (One example of why that's problematic: At SSJ's suggestion I had tried ripping the BR and converting it via Pavtube to 422 HQ, but Apple won't even let me install the dang codec without first owning FCP or other software like Motion.) Since I'd like to edit in HD with codecs as lossless as possible, I was hoping to try and do some equivalent of ThrowgnCpr's method. I can get as far as converting everything to an MKV but not sure how to get the video to lossless avi from there (virtualdub is windows only) and bring everything into Premiere along with the six audio channels as mono wav tracks. So that's where I'm at.

So is there anyone out there that edits on a Mac with Premiere and could share their method or at least point me in the right direction? Also, mods feel free to move this to the Mac forum or anywhere else you deem more appropriate.

EDIT: Ignore the above. Pavtube seems to hate me. Had more success with DVDfab, so change of plans. Going to see if I can rip the disc to the windows machine in the office using ThrowgnCpr's method, then transfer the final .avi and wav files back to the mac for importing into Premiere.

I need help finding a cost-efficient way to capture video and audio from Laserdisc, so that I can make an Extended Edition of Fantasia with a restored Clair de Lune.

Back
Top Bottom