• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Natural Born Killers: The Tarantino Cut by thecuddlyninja

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Own The Source still applies by the way...

Had not considered that. I will put together a packet at 96kbps.
Good for evaluation, but less than stellar for actual projects.
As for owning. Shelf 1 -

11szbdi.jpg

There are others. I still have my vinyl, too.
I don't think you were asking me, Neg. Just wanted to be clear.

QT has distinct preferences, likely what he heard in that video shop and what was jamming at the clubs.
There are mountains of similar tunes he overlooked. Personal preference, didn't know or didn't care.
One artist I will recommend highly is Barry Adamson (Buzzcocks - Nick Cave & Bad Seeds) who had "Hungry Ants" on NBK.
This guy was made for Pulp and Noir.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
No I wasn't asking if you owned the source, I was pointing out that you can't send cuddlyninja the songs for him to use in his edit.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can I send him low quality files as suggestions?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just refer to the Own the Source rule. Any further questions should be directed to an Admin (which I am not).

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks, everyone. I'll take song titles and ideas; most things can be found on YouTube, Google, Apple or Spotify to check out and see if they're worth buying.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural, one rule-friendly option is to upload the music you're suggesting to youtube as a playlist, or make a playlist in a music streaming app like Spotify and share that. Or literally list your suggestions instead of posting them for download. There are a lot of ways to do this, but please do not publicly share download links, as (obviously with video, maybe not so obvious with audio) that would be against the rules.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you, addiesin. I tried to ensure I posted no links - live or coded - or anything that could be misconstrued.
I shall be more careful the next when offering suggestions.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
Thank you, addiesin. I tried to ensure I posted no links - live or coded - or anything that could be misconstrued.
I shall be more careful the next when offering suggestions.
tumblr_inline_nthx8eFzat1qz752m_500.gif

DanielLumpkin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey thanks for doing this and sharing it. I'm obviously new to the site and the world of fanedits. I found this site tryin to find the SW prequels edited into 1 film and found THIS gem!

I saw this once movie once, 15 years ago when i was in HS, and was pretty disturbed, mainly the Dangerfield sitcom incest rape scene. i love me some Tarantino obviously and was eager to see this. I only recently discovered that he was credited on the film and disowned his involvement. I will def watch this again soon.

I'm tryin to get the Kill Bill Whole Bloody Affair one but can't find it? Thanks guys!

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DanielLumpkin said:
Hey thanks for doing this and sharing it.QUOTE]

You're quite welcome. Welcome to the community!

DanielLumpkin said:
I'm tryin to get the Kill Bill Whole Bloody Affair one but can't find it? Thanks guys!

Try sending a message to the editor (after looking in the usual place). PM me if you have any more questions as we don't discuss download links in the forums.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I finally started working on this one. Here's what I came up with messing with the first couple minutes of the alternate audio track:

I'm also going to go back and clean up the editing as well as remove a little more Oliver Stone-ness (for example the slow-mo shot) but I'm looking for feedback on the audio choices.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I dug the music choices! Headed in the right direction for sure. A couple notes:

- For the second song, when you lower the audio for the dialogue it's too far of a downshift and stands out. Make the regular music volume lower so it's not such a huge drop.
- Were you referring to the slow-mo shot of the knife? If so, I think it works fine. Since QT wrote in the slow-mo shot of the bullet, it makes sense for the same effect to be applied for the knife throw.
- On the opening credits, lower the size of the word "and" on Juliette Lewis' title card. Or put them both on the same card.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
I dug the music choices! Headed in the right direction for sure. A couple notes:

- For the second song, when you lower the audio for the dialogue it's too far of a downshift and stands out. Make the regular music volume lower so it's not such a huge drop.
- Were you referring to the slow-mo shot of the knife? If so, I think it works fine. Since QT wrote in the slow-mo shot of the bullet, it makes sense for the same effect to be applied for the knife throw.
- On the opening credits, lower the size of the word "and" on Juliette Lewis' title card. Or put them both on the same card.

Thanks! Good call on the audio shift, I'll smooth that out. For the slow-mo shot, I didn't mean the knife. I like that shot (and the logic you said); I meant the shot of Mickey's face when he first turns to see her dance. It had a dumb dramatic musical sting with it in the theatrical version and looks weird without it imo so I'm going to speed the shot up a bit. Also, good idea on the title card.

On a separate note, I'm really excited to redo the courtroom scene audio from scratch. That was the only (and my first) audio rebuild and was rightly critiqued by a few people for the audio being wonky. I tried the audacity filter-cancel method and it was not great. Having done a few full audio rescores now, I think (hope) I can do a much better job with it now.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I personally don't like the first song that Mallory dances too. I would personally add Burning In The Third Degree (I know it's not from a Tarantino film but I love the song regardless). I agree that the editing could be better (less black and white, less of the severed finger and that stupid bullet that stops in mid-air). I like everything else though.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:
I personally don't like the first song that Mallory dances too. I would personally add Burning In The Third Degree (I know it's not from a Tarantino film but I love the song regardless).

None of the new songs are from QT films, so I will definitely check that song out (i'm not familiar offhand). Thanks.

wilhelm scream said:
I agree that the editing could be better (less black and white, less of the severed finger

I wish there was no black and white (or all) but alas. But I don't think I want to trim any more of the fight scene. Anything specific jump out at you?

I think you might be right about the finger, though. I've been debating removing one of the shots of it on his foot (the flash to B&W looks so Stone-y.

wilhelm scream said:
less of that stupid bullet that stops in mid-air

Do you mean that you don't like that the bullet being shot is in slo-mo or are you just thinking of the theatrical cut? The bullet doesn't stop in mid-air in the edit (I HATE that in the theatrical cut so it was probably the first cut I made).

wilhelm scream said:
I like everything else though.

Cheers, and thanks for the feedback!

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
None of the new songs are from QT films, so I will definitely check that song out (i'm not familiar offhand). Thanks.

I wish there was no black and white (or all) but alas. But I don't think I want to trim any more of the fight scene. Anything specific jump out at you?

I think you might be right about the finger, though. I've been debating removing one of the shots of it on his foot (the flash to B&W looks so Stone-y.

Do you mean that you don't like that the bullet being shot is in slo-mo or are you just thinking of the theatrical cut? The bullet doesn't stop in mid-air in the edit (I HATE that in the theatrical cut so it was probably the first cut I made).

Cheers, and thanks for the feedback!

I was thinking of the theatrical cut bullet since I saw that version recently and HATED it!

I agree with your idea about the finger, that shot makes me feel uncomfortable and the less of it, the better!

You could trim some of Mallory dancing, reducing the black and white even further.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Using Bobo's "Fried Neckbones" was such an unexpected surprise.
I can't believe how well that worked. It changed the mood and vibe, so that the fight sequence and music really exploded.
The third song by Yardbirds is a bit thin by modern standards.
Most of the remastering of that group is from the 90s.
Is there any way of boosting base n drums, the bottom end, even at the expense of the vocals?
Lyrics are an interesting mirror of Mickey.

A Sled in Flames

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi, relatively new here. Just wanted to thank you for making this edit! Natural Born Killers is too bloated for me as-is, and this really brought out its inner Quentin Tarantino, if that makes sense...

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A Sled in Flames said:
Hi, relatively new here. Just wanted to thank you for making this edit! Natural Born Killers is too bloated for me as-is, and this really brought out its inner Quentin Tarantino, if that makes sense...

You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed it and welcome to the site!

Top Bottom