• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Mystery Science Theater 3000 Returns!

huzzah, MGH! good to hear that mst3k is back and solid.

Just watched the first ep. It feels like a good update of the original. While they could never capture what the original show had, I can easily see myself watching all of these. My only complaint was what felt like a lot of empty space where some easy riffs went by un.....riffed.

The second episode... what a movie.  Where did they find this one?  Some great riffing, and one really cool host segment.  I could see this one working well in a marathon with Pod People and The Final Sacrifice.

I'm not quite done with the season, but will share my (very positive) impressions of the overall revival once I have.  That said.  Episode 12.   That movie just might be the worst to have ever been featured on the show.  Ever.  Manos, Starfighters, the Coleman Francis movies - I honestly think they're all better in some way than this one.

matrixgrindhouse said:
I'm not quite done with the season, but will share my (very positive) impressions of the overall revival once I have.  That said.  Episode 12.   That movie just might be the worst to have ever been featured on the show.  Ever.  Manos, Starfighters, the Coleman Francis movies - I honestly think they're all better in some way than this one.

"She's, uh, rubbing his belly".

We'll never be able to UNSEE that. What was the director thinking?

So... Joel announced that the next season will only be six episodes long.  Supposedly it's to encourage binge-viewing?  I don't get it.  I'll always be happy for more MST3K, but after the 14 episode season we just had, I can't help but feel let down.

On the more positive side: one of the six movies will be one fans have been requesting for a long time.  Another will have been made within the last 5 years.  Plan 9 and A Talking Cat?  Killdozer and Sharknado?

That's strange. I'll take what I can get, but I loved season 11 and want lots more of that

Anyone else watching the Turkey Day stream?  It was moved to today since the new season drops on Turkey Day itself.

No, but I did get to go see this and it was awesome.

matrixgrindhouse said:
So... Joel announced that the next season will only be six episodes long.  Supposedly it's to encourage binge-viewing?  I don't get it.  I'll always be happy for more MST3K, but after the 14 episode season we just had, I can't help but feel let down.

If so, it didn't work on me. But then I can't sit through six consecutive feature-length films at the best of times.

Regardless, I loved this season.

I've only watched the first two episodes of it so far.  Under better circumstances I might have binged like they wanted, but I just don't have 8 hours to sit and watch anything like that.  What I've seen has been great, though.

I don't understand the bingeing argument. The whole point of Netflix is that the content is all available to me to watch as much of whenever I want. I'll watch 3/4 of an episode one day, 2 episodes the next, 1 1/2 the next. Whatever.

Back
Top Bottom