• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

My Old Band

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Edit: what's past is past, this band is no longer active. Scroll down for free stuff and more info.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, back in June this old band of mine broke up. It was time, we were together in some form for about 6 years. The video above is almost four years old. Please don't take it as an indicator of what our recordings sound like.

Why bring up recordings, you may or may not be wondering?

Because now that we broke up, I'm giving the music away for free. That's free to listen to, not free to sell or redistribute. If you want to hear it, now's the time.

Here's the full album free, 15 songs:
The Gloom! - Good Luck!

There is also an EP and a b-sides release. PM me for links to those. All this music is made by The Gloom and owned by me. If you want to use some in a project, PM me for credit details. If you like, feel free (not obligated) to comment here on it. We had a small and loyal following while we were active, but just having the recordings is enough for me, though knowing someone enjoys what we created is very sweet icing on the cake.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for sharing. Are you playing with anyone now? I'm getting ready to record an EP with my band right now.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Thanks for sharing. Are you playing with anyone now? I'm getting ready to record an EP with my band right now.

Currently, no. I don't know as many people in the city where I now reside, and Craigslist has always seemed sketchy to me. However I do have a recording setup at home, and can do acoustic guitar, electric guitar, vocals, and a few assorted instruments I've collected over the years but don't really know how to play (toy piano, finger piano, banjo, ukelele, this single small bongo-like drum whose name I don't know, accordion, and harmonica - one day I'll invest enough time into a few of these to seem competent with them). The drummer who was on our album now lives in South Dakota or something, but he's expressed interest in working on some material with me long-distance, he also has a recording setup.

Let me know if you like what you hear and want to collaborate sometime.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bummer. Craigslist is a shitty way to find other musicians, but sometimes you luck out. I went that route in the past, and actually met our bassist that way. There were plenty of weirdos and shitty musicians though that I wouldn't be too excited about trying it again.

I play drums (and also tinker with a collection of instruments in our home), and now have a recording setup, so I'm always down for collaborating. Once we get our songs mixed, I'll share some.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is a cool thread that didn't get much love. I am old now but played in several bands in the nineties and early two thousands. Hung it up about twenty years ago to save my second marriage and focus on my job. I played a myriad of stringed instruments, piano and instruments like it and sax when I had the lungs.

It was a blast while it lasted. I don't miss the long hair. I don't miss the drugs and alcohol. I definitely miss the groupies.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’m old too. I’ve played in tons of bands over the years. With our move to Germany and especially COVID I’ve been focusing on solo acoustic stuff. I was never the lead singer in any of my bands and I still don’t have a ton of confidence in my voice but it’s been fun working on tunes this way. I often use a looper to be able to include guitar solos and other parts. My repertoire is up to about 50 songs.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I sang and played rhythm guitar mostly. I played bass in the first band. I was 15 playing with 18 and 19 year olds I worked with at a restaurant. We played fairs, high school and college parties and wild waters house band. We were called Ocean. Mostly covers. It was a good first experience. Three years in that.

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Its comforting to know, im not the only old fart from the 90's music scene on this forum ...oh by the way i still have the long hair but sadly only one groupie these days 🤟 :)

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That was an eighties cover band. I was in several bands after that. Playing Muse was a hot female fronted grunge band playing mostly originals. I was one of two lead/rhythm guitarists backing vocals. That was an awesome experience. We opened for a lot of bigger bands.

Others were Insight, Midline, Critical Mass and Refill 88. Two weeks in a punk band called Crusty Linen. 😆

Top Bottom