• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

My music

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thought I would start a thread for my music. I make instrumental metal/rock (with a symphonic/techno layer) covers of all sorts of music. But as a guitar player I naturally have alot of blues influence in my playing and sometimes that comes out in the soloing. Think Children of Bodom mixed with Led Zeppelin with a touch of Stevie Ray Vaughan but with no vocals. Sound weird? It is. But I like it. Generally my tracks are pretty energetic. 

Here's my bandcamp page. It currently only has my newest album uploaded with two other older songs also on the page. I'll upload more albums to it soon though (including my third album The Way which I got lots of positive feedback on from OT.com folk... And generally most popular album for the rest of the world also.). I'll also update this thread with more information about me and my format and music soon.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pretty cool stuff man.  But I'm confused about the fact that you call these albums yet they seem to only contain one song each, and also the names don't match (example - "Up Towards The Sky" has a single song called "These Walls").

Also didn't you say you do VGM covers?  Have you uploaded any of those?

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
They are albums I just don't have my page organized very well on there. The only full album I've uploaded is "The Lost Woods". If you click on that one it's like 27 songs I think. The others are just excerpts from their respective albums that I was supremely lazy and used the album artwork (because bandcamp MAKES you pick something.). I will remedy that by uploading the full albums this weekend. But yeah The Lost Woods is a full album. 

The video game covers are just included in the albums but the titles don't indicate they are from video games. On the Lost Woods there's covers from Guilty Gear, Mega Man, The Legend of Zelda, and a shooter from the Genesis called thunder force. I don't remember exactly off the top of my head what I named everything but I know "Cossack" is from Mega Man, "Awe of She" is from Guilty Gear, and "Midna" is Zelda, conveniently doubling as my cats name and a character from Twilight Princess. 

Anyway I'll upload the rest of the other albums and organize my page better soon.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just listened to your Mega Man cover.  I'm not familiar with the original, but it sounds like it'd be right at home in something like F-Zero.  I like it.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've done tons of Mega man covers so I don't know which one you mean, but all the mega man games have good "rock music just limited by the original hardware. And the mega man x games shifted it to a more metallic heavy rock, which just made them completely ripe for me to sink my metal teeth into.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Embedded the YouTube links for ease of access/viewing.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Clicked on your Topman cover, and it is excellent. I'll definitely have to check out more of your music sometime.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nevermind. And the delete button doesn't show up on my phone no matter what I do even when not in portrait mode. Sorry.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've uploaded my third album, "The Way" (from 2015) to my bandcamp page!  Check it out!  (If you don't want to donate/buy the album I purposefully set the loophole that you could get it for free if you just download the songs individually.)

There are several other missing albums that I'll be putting up soon, (I don't really have a good excuse for why I'm taking so long but I have sort of a "manager" now so i should be getting on top of things like this soon), but I chose to start with this album (after my most recent of course) because so far it's been my most popular on other platforms and I've gotten the most positive feedback on it.  (Despite the fact that the technical skill and sound quality are below what I make now, but the track list and mood for this album was spot on).

Also, a brand new album will be dropping soon.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
All of my albums are up on the bandcamo page now. Still have a new one dropping soon.

baileym43

Reaction score
Trophy Points
this is pretty cool stuff.
i'm not a huge music guy and admittedly i like lyrics and singing along pretending i'm a rock star more than just instrumental stuff.
but i would definitely love listening to this while going on a run or working out.
i can't listen to music while jogging because i get bogged down trying to sing along but your stuff is perfect.
i like it;  good stuff;  please keep doing it the rest of your life.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks man!  I appreciate it a lot. If you're unable to purchase the albums in the bandcamo store I purposefully set the loophole that you can download all of the songs individually for free to make it more of a volunteer basis.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Video of me playing one of the songs I've covered.  Thought it would be fun to do a single track take with a video for funzies. Plus if you've ever wondered what your dear possessed looks like here's your chance.  (And to those who've seen me before, yes I've lost weight and gained hair)

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
WHY AREN'T YOU A CAT????????

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
WHY AREN'T YOU A CAT????????

He's only a cat when the moon is out. Haven't you ever watched Michael Jackson's Thriller?

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My latest album, The Fire, is now available on bandcamp. 

I wouldn't necessarily recommend this album if you're a fan of my other albums and you want more of the same. I've kinda been obscure with this one, I haven't promoted or talked about it much. It's been out for almost a year (locally,  anyway) and this is the first time I've bothered promoting it online outside my Facebook page and it just now made it to bandcamp. It's very dark,  heavy,  and angry compared to my other albums with more emphasis on thrash and death metal and less on symphonic tones and melodies.  I recorded most of it over a year ago during a very dark and low point of my life when I was going through alot of suffering and pain and very bitter, and the sound reflects that.  All that being said, I still think it came together to be a good album , it's just a different and angrier beast than what I usually make and it's got a much darker tone.  I definitely needed to get it out of my system.  I'm glad I made it,  but I'm happy to leave it for the more hardcore fans,  or if you like deathrash metal and would like some instrumentals. 

vuAYNyOl.jpg

As usual 5 dollars to download the album,  but also with an intentional loophole to download every song individually for free if you don't wanna pay.  All the songs are covers from various sources so all money I receive just goes to the cost of producing more music: guitar strings and maintenance,  postage,  jewel cases,  paper,  blank discs,  printer ink etc.

All tracks have information about the source of the original song and credit the original artists.

The follow up album,  which is close to wrapping up production,  while being a new "concept theme" like all my albums,  is back to my more classic style, with its own twist for this album of course.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Preview song from my upcoming album,  which is actually new and not just an old album I've been sitting on. 

Collective Soul!

Top Bottom