• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

My Fake Criterion Covers

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For @"Pilusmagnus"' TLJ Expanded Edition:

artboard-copy-34.png

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks good. I feel like that shade of red is a bit harsh though. Could you maybe try a deeper shade that matches closer with the image on the front?

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^^^ Better. Though I'd have it deeper still. The blocky bits look pretty good (FE collection on the spine, FE logo), but the parts where the text is red still seem a bit bright to me.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That Wolverine art looks great ^^^^

If you can use a similar shade of red for the Last Jedi art across all the text I think that would work nicely.

It might also be better if you make the logos at the bottom of the rear black, like you've done with the Wolverine cover. 

Did you design the front art for these covers, or just the layout?

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
These last three are absolutely stunning, especially “The Last Jedi”’s and “The Wolverine”’s fanedits’.

pranafilms

Reaction score
Trophy Points
May I request a fake Criterion for The Exorcist? I have both the old 25th Anniversary and the Extended Director's Cut on DVD and I wanted to combine them with a good cover, at least until I get a better release, whatever that may be.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
pranafilms said:
May I request a fake Criterion for The Exorcist? I have both the old 25th Anniversary and the Extended Director's Cut on DVD and I wanted to combine them with a good cover, at least until I get a better release, whatever that may be.

Not a big fan of horror, like at all, and so I thought I would politely reject for the sake of my sleep. :D 

I know you can make your own criterions so I included some things I would have used:

This would look good as artwork:
The_Exorcist_Cover_web.jpg

The two fonts could be Abril Fatface and ITC Serif Gothic Std Black.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
That Wolverine art looks great ^^^^

If you can use a similar shade of red for the Last Jedi art across all the text I think that would work nicely.

It might also be better if you make the logos at the bottom of the rear black, like you've done with the Wolverine cover. 

Did you design the front art for these covers, or just the layout?

Would this suffice?

artboard-copy-scribbling.png

Most of the time I don't design the front art, I would just experiment with fonts and the layout, like in these cases, where I used The Wolverine and TLJ official art. But it depends on my mood, availability of good art, that sort of thing. :)

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"theryaney" Have you seen @"SoboFilms" "The Last Jedi" fanedit?  That could have a Criterion, don't you think?

pranafilms

Reaction score
Trophy Points
theryaney said:
Not a big fan of horror, like at all, and so I thought I would politely reject for the sake of my sleep. :D 

I know you can make your own criterions so I included some things I would have used:

This would look good as artwork:
The_Exorcist_Cover_web.jpg

The two fonts could be Abril Fatface and ITC Serif Gothic Std Black.

I can understand not doing it, since you don't like horror and all, which is fine and understandable. ;)  That is a good artwork. (I only asked out of a lack of ideas.) Thank, tho.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Canon Editor said:
@"theryaney" Have you seen @"SoboFilms" "The Last Jedi" fanedit?  That could have a Criterion, don't you think?

What do you think of this?

artboard-copy-40.png

lev

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Have you ever thought about doing new covers for the original X-Men Trilogy? I've scoured the internet looking for good alternatives to the rather sad official posters and covers and come up with nothing. Those are some films that deserve dynamic cover art!

Top Bottom