• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

My Fake Criterion Covers

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
theryaney said:
Thanks. :) 

Any requests from you mate?

Maybe you could do one for my X-Men animated short up on here? I know you're dynamite at X-Covers already :)

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks everyone. All of those are upcoming.  :)

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Despecialized Editions:
artboard-copy-50.png

artboard-copy-51.png

artboard-copy-52.png

Thanks, @"DigModiFicaTion", for the request. :p

Man from UNCLE fixed:
man-from-uncle1.png

Thanks, @"Problem Eliminator" for pointing it out. :)

@Zarius' Pryde of the X-Men: Mute Man Logan Edition ;)
pryde1.png

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The UNCLE design is fantabulosa! I was trying to find where the original piece of art came from and found this wall of alt-uncle fan posters. The film has clearly inspired a lot of designers as it's a good 90% hit rate of beautiful to awful.

https://www.talenthouse.com/i/design-an-alternative-poster-for-the-man-from-uncle/submissions

Seems the original is by a guy called Benjamin Kalászi. I prefer your font choice, title design and pop-art colour mix though.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
The UNCLE design is fantabulosa! I was trying to find where the original piece of art came from and found this wall of alt-uncle fan posters. The film has clearly inspired a lot of designers as it's a good 90% hit rate of beautiful to awful.

https://www.talenthouse.com/i/design-an-alternative-poster-for-the-man-from-uncle/submissions

Seems the original is by a guy called Benjamin Kalászi. I prefer your font choice, title design and pop-art colour mix though.

Zarius said:
Great job there buddy :)

Thank you very much!  :)

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
theryaney said:
TM2YC said:

Zarius said:
Great job there buddy :)

Thank you very much!  :)

My pleasure, you've got ever so  slightly mad skills. Simple and uniform in layout, yet striking :)

I don't suppose I could trouble you for a cover for an edit that I have in the workprints and previews thread? Knight Rider 2000: One Cut Can Make A Difference maybe?

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
theryaney said:
Zarius said:
Great job there buddy :)

Thank you very much!  :)

My pleasure, you've got ever so  slightly mad skills. Simple and uniform in layout, yet striking :) 

I don't suppose I could trouble you for a cover for an edit that I have in the workprints and previews thread? Knight Rider 2000: One Cut Can Make A Difference maybe?

Sure thing! I'll see to it once I'm done with this meal. :)

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cheers mate, appreciated :)

Enjoy lunch.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
knightrider.png

Sorry, this took way too long, but here you go. :)

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh wow, that's perfect. Well done.

I made a cover years ago which used the same image as the front, but this is loads better.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
Oh wow, that's perfect. Well done.

I made a cover years ago which used the same image as the front, but this is loads better.

Thanks! :)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That Amadeus cover is very nice thanks. I'll add that to my ifdb listing if that's okay?

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
That Amadeus cover is very nice thanks. I'll add that to my ifdb listing if that's okay?

Sure! Glad you liked it. :)

You can add any of these to the listing, if the editor agrees.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Have you got a fake Criterion blu-ray template? I wanted to make a blu-ray cover for 'Hard Boiled' in the style of the old Criterion Hard Boiled DVD.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, you want to make a Blu Ray version of the old style, like this:
Criterion_009_-_Hard_Boiled.jpg

or the new style; like I'm doing?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Both styles :cool: . Same front cover concept from the DVD but reconfigured in the new blu-ray style. I've already recreated the front cover more or less from a new hi-res source of that classic photo of Chow Yun-Fat. I need to sort out all the fake-Criterion detailing on the back, spine and front now. So a reliably accurate BR template would be ideal.

Top Bottom