• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

My Fake Criterion Covers

Hey theryaney,​

I noticed the date on the BTAS MotP date was wrong. It should be 1993. Also, would you be able to update the Title to remove "the" from Mask of the Phantasm? I noticed there is a grey vertical bar on the far right side also.​

Here's a mock up of the fixed changes. I like the Mask of the Phantasm not lined up with Batman like in the picture below. Would you be able to do a full DVD case cover? Thanks sir!​

btas-motp-poster.png

@"DigModiFicaTion",

artboard-copy-931.png

I still don't know the total runtime, will be updated. What do you think? ;)

theryaney said:
@"DigModiFicaTion",

artboard-copy-931.png

I still don't know the total runtime, will be updated. What do you think? ;)

nice cover as usual [font=Raleway, sans-serif] [/font] theryaney one thing i noticed is that the episode is 4:3 not 16:9 like it says on your cover.keep up the great work

gazza said:
nice cover as usual [font=Raleway, sans-serif] [/font] theryaney one thing i noticed is that the episode is 4:3 not 16:9 like it says on your cover.keep up the great work

I see. Thanks @gazza. :)

artboard-copy-933.png

Love the concept and noir-ish style of the Batman cover but this area should not have text over it IMO...

39035603612_991cdcc7e9.jpg

If I was being really picky... I'd make a simple adjustment the shape of the smoke at the top of the image so the digmod text sat entirely within black (or simply resize the text) and the FE logo sat entirely within one shade of grey.

(btw, it's 4:3, not 3:4)

theryaney said:
This is one for Fantastic Beasts and I really like how it turned out:
fb.png

To compare what work I did, here's the original:
9781338109061.jpg

(It's the cover for the screenplay)

What do you guys think? :)

I really enjoy this one. I actually remember thinking back when the screenplay came out that it'd make for a cool collectors' edition cover of the film.

Any luck with Q2's FWWM and / or AgentSamStanley's FWWM edits?

Alejandrojohanson said:
Any luck with Q2's FWWM and / or AgentSamStanley's FWWM edits?

I'm working on them. I'm currently a little busy, studying while the holidays, two request for the FE.org intro and also this, and finishing up on my project, and family stuff. But I'll get it sorted, I'm sure.

theryaney said:
I'm working on them. I'm currently a little busy, studying while the holidays, two request for the FE.org intro and also this, and finishing up on my project, and family stuff. But I'll get it sorted, I'm sure.

theryaney said:
Here's one for Q2's:

artboard-copy-116.png

Hope you like it. :)

I love it! Definitely going to want to sit down and figure out how to make a Criterion cover one day just for this!!!
Perhaps the weirdest request of this thread in 3... 2... 1... Would do one for the Star Wars Holiday Special?

Oh! That's perfect. I love that idea. I'm serious.

theryaney said:
Oh! That's perfect. I love that idea. I'm serious.

Hahaha! I'm glad you're a fan of the idea, I figured it'd be a pretty unique job, considering your other work is incredible. I just got gifted a copy of the Zion Hybrid v2 version on DVD, and I think it deserves a very special case of its own (Just as soon as I learn how to make Criterion cases).

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]theryaney[/font], just letting you know that I love the work on the covers that you have been doing. I am a fan of the Criterion Collection and their style of DVD/Blu-Ray covers and I currently own around 30/40 of their film, and I even have been trying to make my own covers, to replace DVD covers that I do not like. For example, my current mission is to replace all the covers and cases for the James Bond DVD Collection series, with Criterion version of each Bond film. 

Anyways, one thing that I also appreciate is that you also make fake-Criterion covers for fanedits, the "Fanedit Collection". I notice that most of the edits that are done are mostly those that are still In-Works. And I think what could be a good idea would be to have a Fanedit Collection similar to that of Criterions, where the DVD cover release announces it as part of a collective, gathering some of the best fanedits that are available of this site; making new covers for films retroactively. I figured that would be something cool to do.

Thanks. :)

I like the idea of making a complete bond Criterion styled covers. Wish you luck on that. I might do that too. ;)

If you don't mind me being totally honest... that SWHS one isn't up to your usual high standard, unless your intent was make a cover as bad as the actual program!  ;) (back cover is all beautiful as per usual).

I looked around and there are a few hi-res images out there, so you could use just one:

2155058.jpg

PH-111309999.jpg

tumblr_nxzmoq3TT21rn7a02o1_1280.jpg

star-wars-holiday-special-bea-arthur-ackmena-canon-1040328-1280x720.jpg

1482933831-gettyimages-476459466.jpg

The last Carrie photo is stunning, perfect portrait size and ultra HD quality.

Okay, I see. :)

I made that in a rush, and I did mean to make fun of the HS.

Back
Top Bottom