• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Music Reviewers needed for Father Merrin's Music Site

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi Guys,
2009 was a shite year for me, lost my job, my health & all sorts.
Fortunately 2010 is looking much brighter, got my health sorted & now I've started my own music website http://www.SmokinCharlieBrown.com .

Basically it's a video blog site where I post all the lastest Rock N Roll news, videos, chords & lyrics.

I want my site to be directed primarily for American rock fans... slight problem is I'm not American nor live in America :lol:

As I know there's a lot of America Rock fans here on Fanedit.org I would greatly appreciate any information on the current Rock scene in America, ie, which bands are popular both mainstream & underground. I'm also happy to post Unsigned bands if you guys know any.

Here's a link to the main page www.smokincharliebrown.com & link www.smokincharliebrown.com/scb/?page_id=305 to how I'm posting the Videos,Chords & Lyics.

Thanks guys

jeez. online for about 45 seconds and you already have comments from devoted fans...

:)

Nice chords + video page!

Cheers guys.
I'm pretty happy with the layout as I think it's pretty easy to use & easy on the eye too which I think is important.

Heinrich you asked about German bands. I'm happy to have German, French, Australian, Sweedish, basically if you guys have a band that you love let me know & I'll get them up on my site.

Also, does anyone know a great band that's name begins with the letter "C"? I want to post an entire album tomorrow of a "C" band & currently the only ones I can come up with are Coldplay & Crowded House. So I'm clearly struggling :lol:

Calexico is one of the greatest bands around!

oh and a quick gaze into my cd shelf said one more thing: cake!

FatherMerrin said:
Cheers guys.
I'm pretty happy with the layout as I think it's pretty easy to use & easy on the eye too which I think is important.

Heinrich you asked about German bands. I'm happy to have German, French, Australian, Sweedish, basically if you guys have a band that you love let me know & I'll get them up on my site.

Also, does anyone know a great band that's name begins with the letter "C"? I want to post an entire album tomorrow of a "C" band & currently the only ones I can come up with are Coldplay & Crowded House. So I'm clearly struggling :lol:

well, if you don't mind a little old school.. Creedence Clearwater Revival, but I'm not familiar with their specific albums. Cowboy Junkies is waaaaaay mellow but totally awesome, particularly the Trinity Sessions.

Heinrich said:
Calexico is one of the greatest bands around!

A-men brotha!!! I love their last album Carried to Dust.

Some other "C"'s off the top of my head:

Cave In
[youtube:2bogkylp]

Coheed and Cambria

Cursive

Cheers guys. All these bands are a great help. I'm really enjoying making the site but it's also very depressing. The thing is I have to check the charts pretty much every day & I wish I didn't have to. The UK charts are horrific. It's just Hip Hop/Pop & R&B which wouldn't be too bad but those 3 genres are pretty much made by the same producers, as a result everything sounds the same. The entire Top 20 singles chart in the UK is taken up with sampled looped beat junk.

Anyway lol. I'd strong recommend checking out Japan's rock scene, it's really good at the moment.

Howdy guys.

I'm setting up a new review section for my music site. So if there's any budding reviewers out there or music fans that what to rave about a band, album or even a music video game let me know & I can post your thoughts on my site. If you've got you're own site I'd be happy to post a link to that too:)

Back
Top Bottom