• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

music fanedits

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
does anybody know of interesting fanediting projects of music?

Back in the good ole days in the old forum there was this talk about the metallica ?st. anger? album edit. There was also this demonoid link to it but since I?m not a member I coudn?t download it. Does anybody know where to get this?

(btw: of course I own the original album but am still a bit afraid of Lars Napster Killer Ulrich and his laywer gang)

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
dude, that is damn cool!!! thank you very much, John me boy.

Thaaaaaanks!

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

G

Registration is open ever Friday not that big of a deal. Demonoid is a lot easier to get into now than when I joined.

G

I've got it. If I knew how I'd take that stupid drum sound out.

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah. stupid, stupid drum sound. I heard lars apologized to the fans for it...

what a pussy! why not make a good drum sound from the start?

casualimp

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That wasn't Lars, it was Bob Rock that messed up that sound. That's why they fired him from producing their next album.

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hate Lars too, for his stupid dumbo face and everything else... Metallica would have been better with somebody like Dave Lombardo on the drums...

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Or Gonzo from the muppet show. Would look almost the same...

casualimp

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
HA! That's what they need... ANIMAL on drums!

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
yep! Animal. He?s the better drummer anyway...

Miasta

Reaction score
Trophy Points
obviously it was done by miasta, a noble member of FANEDITED.COM as far as I recall it...

Yep! That was me. Almost 300 people have grabbed that edit, which, obviously, blows my mind. I wish I knew how to fix the drum sound as well. I even tried to fix it but could not get it done.

I'm still a huge Met fan - and I even like Lars. Sorry! :)

I have been disapointed with a lot of their last several albums, but I am holding out hope for this next album; produced by Rick Rubin (sp?) If you check youtube you may able to search out vids of the two new tracks. I like the first better then the other, but I think they both hold a lot of promise for something new - and better.

We shall see!

As far as other music fan edits; St. Anger was my biggest one as far as actual content editing is concerned. I did do another "edit" a while back that combined the most Floydish tracks from Pink Floyd's two Gilmour albums and Waters' Amused to Death (and one track from his "In The Flesh" live album.) I put some thought into the tracklist, and I also cross-faded different tracks together to give it that "Floyd" feel. I think it's more of a "mixed-tape" then a fan-edit, but I think it makes a hell of a Floyd album; sort of a "vapor" Floyd album. I call it "Amalgamation," and I've been thinking of upping it to Demonoid, though I haven't made up my mind about that yet. I am just as big a fan of Floyd as I am of Metallica, and just like my St. Anger edit, my Amalgamation edit now exists as my official Floyd album to replace the real ones (at least in my mind.) I'll probably end up putting it on Demonoid sometime. I'll post it here when/if I do.

G

You're banned for liking Lars :-x

You're double banned for double posting :-x

Glad you're here

casualimp

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I would've downloaded that, but I actually threw out St. Anger because I couldn't even give it away.

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
hey miasta good to have you at the new forum. I already have your edit mounted to my ipod and I like it! it suits the songs that they are shorter...

good job, man!

and rick rubin is doing their new album? that?s fuckin great news. He did so much good in the world of music... think of the last few johnny cash albums...

...still don?t like lars. :smile:

G

Heinrich said:
!
and rick rubin is doing their new album? that?s fuckin great news. He did so much good in the world of music... think of the last few johnny cash albums...

And Neil Diamond

Top Bottom