• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

music fanedits

dork313

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you like NIN try to find Rusty Nails 1 and 2. I wouldn't call them actual fanedits per say, but they are non-stop mixes by a fan. I guess, in a way, they could fall into the fanedit category. Anyway, it's good stuff.

ron2112

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not only do I like St. Anger a lot, I actually like the drum sound. Do I win a prize? :D

Ron Moses

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
sorry ron no price. It already went to the other guy liking the drum sound. (he was beaten up afterwards btw)

:lol:

GyRo567

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've never done a complete album, but over the years, I have created a "Perfect Version" of Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd. It runs just barely over 10:04, and it utilizes... I believe three different versions of the song.

The ballad uses the highest quality feed I could find, the dualing solos use their own cut from another feed that had higher quality sound for their portion, and then (unfortunately at a slightly lower quality; I don't own any actual CDs [not just Lynyrd Skynyrd, but music CDs in general; I'm a straight vinyl/download kinda guy] to find a feed from & couldn't find a .WAV) I used a proper non-fade out ending which I sourced from a 192 KBPS .MP3 I found somewhere.

I made all the cuts & changes (slight L/R audio adjustments that had nothing to do with the cuts but rather the original source files themselves - I can't stand hearing singing out of only one speaker in a stereo setup) in Audacity, and apparently I did a good job, because now I can't find them... ;_;

I burned it to a continuous 2 track audio CD that allows me to either listen to the whole thing seamlessly, or I can just skip straight to the dueling solos. I can't say I've ever used option #2 though.

All this talking about it makes me wish I had the masters to Free Bird Live now. I have that one on Vinyl, and there are some serious volume balance issues I wish I could correct. =(

ron2112

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I did an edit of Ambrosia's "Mama Frog" that omits the Jabberwocky section... it's one of the coolest songs I've ever heard once you remove the minute and a half of insufferable droning. :) Fortunately the gap lent itself very well to a seamless crossfade, and no essential music was lost.

Ron Moses

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK, i will hijack this thread just for a second and jump on the "I hate Lars" bandwagon."

but anyway back to musical fanedits. I would love to hear a version of the Mars Volta - Frances the Mute without all the ridiculous sound effects. Don't get me wrong, I like it to a point, but they went wayyyyyyy overboard. Deloused in the Comatorium was much better as far as experimental stuff goes. It should be rather easy to chop this experimental sound back for Frances the Mute. Maybe I'll give it a try someday.

twistd101

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was wondering if anyone has the St. Anger edit? I was a late-comer, and I can't seem to find it now.

Miasta

Reaction score
Trophy Points
twistd101 said:
I was wondering if anyone has the St. Anger edit? I was a late-comer, and I can't seem to find it now.

I made it, so I still have it. I only had it up on Demonoid. If you still want it, PM me and I'll try to work it out for you.

TeresofBlood

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I created a fan edit of Black Sabbath's first album. I made two distinct changes.

1. I replaced 'Wicked World' with 'Evil Woman'. Don't get me wrong; I love Wicked World, but Evil Woman was in its place on the original UK release. Wicked World only appeared on U.S. and Canadian prints.

2. I separated the suites into individual tracks to make them more radio-friendly.

The track list is now:
1. Black Sabbath
2. The Wizard
3. Wasp - Behind The Wall of Sleep
4. Bassically - N.I.B.
5. Evil Woman
6. A Bit Of A Finger - Sleeping Village
7. Warning.

This was mastered from the 2004 american remasters in the 'Black Box' set. Even though I like Wicked World better than Evil Woman, I must admit, I enjoy the album this way.

ADDED: Also, for anyone interested, I re-created the original U.K. version of The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced? The U.K. version omits Hey Joe, Stone Free, The Wind Cries Mary, 51st Anniversary, Highway Chile, and Purple Haze, as they were all released as singles. It also has the tracks in a different order.

Since Jimi became a sensation in England first, I thought it would be nice to hear what those English folks got to hear.

TeresofBlood

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced?

I love this album, but it is a bit overlong and overwhelming to listen to in one sitting. I am someone who loves the album experience, so I was curious to see how the original U.K. version would feel. The recent U.S. CD release plays like this:

1. "Purple Haze" ? 2:46
2. "Manic Depression" ? 3:30
3. "Hey Joe" (Billy Roberts) ? 3:23
4. "Love or Confusion" ? 3:15
5. "May This Be Love" ? 2:55
6. "I Don't Live Today" ? 3:55
7. "The Wind Cries Mary" ? 3:21
8. "Fire" ? 2:34
9. "Third Stone from the Sun" ? 6:40
10. "Foxey Lady" [sic] ? 3:15
11. "Are You Experienced?" ? 3:55
12. "Stone Free" ? 3:41
13. "51st Anniversary" ? 3:19
14. "Highway Chile" ? 3:36
15. "Can You See Me" ? 2:34
16. "Remember" ? 2:51
17. "Red House" ? 3:57

The U.K. version is much shorter, ommiting the singles, leaving a more cohesive, listenable and consistent album. THis is the U.K. track list:

# "Foxy Lady" ? 3:22
# "Manic Depression" ? 3:46
# "Red House" ? 3:53
# "Can You See Me" ? 2:35
# "Love or Confusion" ? 3:17
# "I Don't Live Today" ? 3:58
# "May This Be Love" ? 3:14
# "Fire" ? 2:47
# "Third Stone from the Sun" ? 6:50
# "Remember" ? 2:53
# "Are You Experienced?" ? 4:17

I love the singles, but as far as albums go, the album benefits from excluding them.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i posted earlier (in the "what are you listening to now" thread) about one of the favorite mixtapes that i've made.

i'll quote it here:

i have the complete (mostly) "dr. ebbetts beatles remasters (stereo)" and i made a chronological compilation of all of george harrison's tracks that he wrote (& are important, like "norwegian wood" for the first sitar by a western musician, etc) using wikipedia as a reference (i LOVE wikipedia)

here's the link i used:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Be ... e_Harrison

i called it "george harrison IS the beatles" (i'm sure you can look into my musical opinion of them!)

here's the track listing:

Track01 "Don't Bother Me"
Track02 "I Need You"
Track03 "You Like Me Too Much"
Track04 "If I Needed Someone"
Track05 "Think For Yourself"
Track06 "Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)"
Track07 "Love You To"
Track08 "Taxman"
Track09 "I Want To Tell You"
Track10 "Only A Northern Song"
Track11 "Within You Without You"
Track12 "It's All Too Much"
Track13 "Blue Jay Way"
Track14 "Flying"
Track15 "The Inner Light"
Track16 "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
Track17 "Piggies"
Track18 "Savoy Truffle"
Track19 "Long, Long, Long"
Track20 "For You Blue"
Track21 "Dig It"
Track22 "Old Brown Shoe"
Track23 "Something"
Track24 "Here Comes The Sun"
Track25 "Octopus's Garden"
Track26 "I Me Mine"

...THAT is what i'm listening to right now Smile

http://www.faneditforum.com/viewtopic.p ... &start=210

HorrorFan82

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I do music fanedits! They are actually this series of 20-40 minute megamixes called "Techno Workout". The entire thing consists of 80's-inspired techno-house music all mixed together with sound effects and additional music to create the sense of listening to an 80's workout tape. I was actually inspired by this local radio station KFRX from when I was younger in the early 90's. They used to have 30-minute non-stop dance music on Friday mornings. Music from the 80's-early 90's. Ace of Base, La Bouche, Aqua, etc. were all the rave. Now, they still hold a similar tradition, it's called "The 90's at Noon" and it's just an hour of the old-skool stuff from when they first started.

Anyway, that led to my "Techno Workout" series. I just finished Volume 5. It's like 25 minutes. If there is any interest for this type of music here, I'd be happy to share it.

-RHR

Grievous Angel Draven

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I made fanedits of my fav albums, Joy Division's Closer and Motley Crue's Shout at the Devil.

Closer V2

1.Atrocity Exhibition
2.Isolation
3.Passover
4.Dead Souls
5.A Means to an End
6.Atmosphere
7.Twenty Four Hours
8.The Eternal
9.Decades

Shout at the Devil V2

1.In the Beginning
2.Shout at the Devil
3.Looks that Kill
4.Bastard
5.God Bless the Children of the Beast
6.Live Wire
7.Red Hot
8.Take Me to the Top
9.To Young to Fall in Love
10.Knock 'em Dead, Kid
11.Ten Seconds to Love
12.Danger

TeresofBlood

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My latest music fanedit features Alice Cooper's "Welcome to My Nightmare". When it was performed on stage, he added several songs from past albums and reordered the tracks from the album itself, so I made the necessary changes. It extends the album by nearly twenty minutes and is a pretty cool listen.

Original track list:
# Welcome To My Nightmare
# Devil's Food
# The Black Widow
# Some Folks
# Only Women Bleed
# Department Of Youth
# Cold Ethyl
# Years Ago
# Steven
# The Awakening
# Escape

Concert (Fanedit) Version:
* The Awakening
* Welcome To My Nightmare
* Years Ago
* No More Mr. Nice Guy
* I'm Eighteen
* Some Folks
* Cold Ethyl
* Only Women Bleed
* Billion Dollar Babies
* Devil's Food
* The Black Widow
* Steven
* Escape
* School's Out
* Department Of Youth

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
so are these "fanedits" actually modifying the music in anyway, or just changing/reordering the tracklistings?

messenjah14

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If it's changing the music, shouldn't they be called remixes instead of fanedits? Same thing I guess but remix is kind of a steady term for that in the music business.

Top Bottom